About Gary Rietz
Gary Rietz assists CIOs and IT leaders to build and lead high-performing IT organizations that enhance business performance, effect change, and drive profitable growth, all while engaging and inspiring a talented team. Gary has extensive CIO experience in the consumer packaged goods, food & beverage manufacturing, and business services industries for private equity, family-owned, and global public companies.
Before joining Info-Tech, Gary served as CIO for Blommer Chocolate Company, the largest cocoa processor in North America. Other CIO roles include:
• CIO at Schawk Inc. (SGK), a global packaging and brand experience company
• VP and CIO at Ubiquity Brands, a private equity holding company for a $250-million snack food company
• Interim CIO for a $1-billion automotive remarketing company
• VP and CIO at Dean Foods, a multi-billion-dollar manufacturer and distributor of dairy and other food products
Gary holds a Master of Business Administration in Finance and Economics from the University of Chicago and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Computer Science from Purdue University.
• Turned around an underperforming IT team and significantly improved infrastructure and applications reliability, functionality, data integrity, and security.
• Built a game-changing business intelligence platform for sales, supply chain, and finance.
• Established a strategy execution process that aligned projects to business priorities and provided effective stage-gate execution and status visibility to inform decision making and adjustments.
• Established enterprise systems hosting, production support, and application management services for new ERP solution.
• Led successful ERP implementation including a greenfield customer service and finance shared services function to support an acquisition carve-out with a ten-month deadline.
• Stabilized the IT function, aligned IT priorities with business needs, and enhanced accountability of an underperforming IT organization at a $1-billion auto remarketing company.
• Established an IT shared services organization by transforming a decentralized IT organization into an enterprise structure for infrastructure, applications, and eCommerce capabilities.
• Created and spearheaded the execution of a $80-million multi-year IT strategic plan.
• Led a successful manufacturing management system (QAD) implementation across 17 plants and 3 divisions within 20 months.
3960 Howard Hughes Parkway, Suite 500 Las Vegas, NV, USA 89169 251 - 1000 Employees