When organizational or market factors fluctuate, project priorities may shift due to changing realities. Organizations that have multiple projects competing for limited resources face the following key challenges:
- Making the project inventory and project priority list vital elements of the IT management and/or organizational process, rather than static documents or reports left to become stagnant and useless.
- Keeping the project priority list dynamic and reflective of current IT and/or organizational initiatives and activities rather than a single point-in-time assessment and evaluation.
This program consists of three key steps:
- Process for Re-Prioritization
- Revisit Project Priority List and Make Adjustments
- Review Adjustments with Stakeholders
When you have completed this program, you will have:
- Identified key events or external circumstances that can trigger project re-prioritization.
- A clear and defined process to manage and maintain project priorities, both now and in the future.
- A re-prioritized list of projects based on new realities.
- Templates for communicating with, and obtaining approval from, senior management and stakeholders.
Bundle 4 of 4
|FastTrack Activity||Re-adjustments Fast Track Tool|
|Re-Rank Projects||Project Reprioritization Master Tool|
|Maintain Prioritization List||
Guide to Understanding Triggers for Reprioritization
Project Prioritization List Maintenance Guidelines
|Review Proposed Adjustments with Stakeholders||Change Approval Form|