Help Managers Inform, Interact, and Involve on the Way to Team Engagement
Reclaim ownership of employee engagement for your team.
- Employee engagement impacts a company’s bottom line as well as the quality of work life for employees.
- Employee engagement surveys often fail to provide the value you are hoping for because they are treated like an annual project that quickly loses steam.
- The responsibility for fixing the issues identified falls to HR, and ultimately HR has very little control over an employee’s concerns with their day-to-day role.
- HR and the executive team have been exclusively responsible for engagement for too long. Since managers have the greatest impact on employees, they should also be primarily responsible for employee engagement.
- In most organizations, managers underestimate the impact they can have on employee engagement, and assume that the broader organization will take more meaningful action.
- Improving employee engagement may be as simple as improving the frequency and quality of the “3Is”: informing employees about the why behind decisions, interacting with them on a personal level, and involving them in decisions that affect them.
Impact and Result
- Managers have the greatest impact on employee engagement as they are in a unique situation to better understand what makes employees tick.
- If employees have a good relationship with their manager, they are much more likely to be engaged at work which ultimately leads to increases in revenue, profit, and shareholder return.
Get more involved in analyzing and improving team engagement
Improve employee engagement and ultimately the organization’s bottom line.
Gather feedback from employees
Have a productive engagement feedback discussion with teams.
Engage teams to improve engagement
Facilitate effective team engagement action planning.
Gain insight into what engages and disengages employees
Solicit employee pain points that could potentially hinder their engagement.
Get to know new hires on a more personal level
Develop a stronger relationship with employees to drive engagement.