2020 Tech Trend Report
A Platform for Business Transformation
Learn how four key trends in 2020 require businesses to find their place in an AI-driven ecosystem:
Learn how these four trends accumulate to result in a platform ecosystem that's purpose is to yield human benefits.
- From the competitive cloud to the autonomous edge
- From robotic automation to symbiotic robots
- If deep learning, then distributed trust
- If digital ethics, then data equity
With AI influencing business processes, everything is on the table for automation or augmentation.
Impact and Result
Understand how four key trends will impact “leadership in the loop" and generate human benefits:
- Autonomous edge will impact input
- Symbiotic robots will impact process
- Distributed trust will impact control
- Data equity will be the output
2020 Tech Trend Report Research & Tools
Start here – read the Executive Brief
In 2020, AI is going to accelerate technological change. Everything is on the table for automation or augmentation. Every business must evolve its strategy as a result. IT leaders are being asked to focus on driving that transformation.
1. From the competitive cloud to autonomous edge
With 94% of IT professionals reporting that their company is using cloud computing, the competitive advantage to be gained from technology projects is shifting towards greater capability at the edge.
2. From robotic automation to symbiotic robots
Many tasks that used to be performed by people are now fully automated by machines in controlled settings. The next phase of robotics will see them entering into other industries and working alongside humans to offer augmentation.
3. If deep learning, then distributed trust
in traditional institutions continues to decline and is rendering large
organizations vulnerable to disruption. AI is also presenting new threats to
trust with the emergence of deepfakes. The answer may be a new decentralized
model of trust.
4. If digital ethics, then data equity
If you're not paying for the product, you are the product. The outcry against data-scraping business models is getting results and highlighting the need to return data control to the user.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and
project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and
what our clients have to say.