CIO Trend Report 2018
Signals, drivers, business enablers
- The business relies on the CIO to identify and seize relevant technology at the height of its promise. However, CIOs often come up short or cannot achieve business buy-in.
- In 2018, the most valued CIO is a business partner. The pressure is on to move beyond supporting operations to become a driving force behind business growth.
- In the sea of emerging technology, you are the business' navigator. Do you know where your business needs to go?
- Let business enablers be your compass.
- A strategic direction is essential to making the right technological investments. Not every trend is worth pursuing, but missing the ones that are can be costly.
- An enablers-focused approach gives you a framework to strategically evaluate emerging technology's alignment with your business' direction. Use a business-enablers-centered outlook to effectively separate opportunities from distractions.
Impact and Result
- Go from browsing to doing. Use this report to learn what is driving each trend and how they have evolved from previous years.
- Use the business enablers framework presented in this report to create the foundation for your adoption strategy. Determine which trends are worth your attention, chart an adoption course, and begin to build a business case for your stakeholders.
CIO Trend Report 2018 Research & Tools
Start here – read the Executive Brief
Read our introduction to
the 2018 CIO Trend Report for summaries of our four key trends.
1. User-Facing AI
Understand the state and business-enabler impact of user-facing AI.
the state and business-enabler impact of robotics.
3. Digital Twin
Understand the state and business-enabler impact of digital twin.
4. Blockchain 2.0
new applications in the blockchain space and blockchain’s impact on business enablers.