Unlock CIO Trend Report 2018
Get Instant Access
CIO Trend Report 2018
Signals, drivers, business enablers
- The business relies on the CIO to identify and seize relevant technology at the height of its promise. However, CIOs often come up short or cannot achieve business buy-in.
- In 2018, the most valued CIO is a business partner. The pressure is on to move beyond supporting operations to become a driving force behind business growth.
- In the sea of emerging technology, you are the business' navigator. Do you know where your business needs to go?
- Let business enablers be your compass.
- A strategic direction is essential to making the right technological investments. Not every trend is worth pursuing, but missing the ones that are can be costly.
- An enablers-focused approach gives you a framework to strategically evaluate emerging technology's alignment with your business' direction. Use a business-enablers-centered outlook to effectively separate opportunities from distractions.
Impact and Result
- Go from browsing to doing. Use this report to learn what is driving each trend and how they have evolved from previous years.
- Use the business enablers framework presented in this report to create the foundation for your adoption strategy. Determine which trends are worth your attention, chart an adoption course, and begin to build a business case for your stakeholders.
CIO Trend Report 2018
Start here – read the Executive Brief
Read our introduction to the 2018 CIO Trend Report for summaries of our four key trends.
1. User-Facing AI
Understand the state and business-enabler impact of user-facing AI.
Understand the state and business-enabler impact of robotics.
3. Digital Twin
Understand the state and business-enabler impact of digital twin.
4. Blockchain 2.0
Understand new applications in the blockchain space and blockchain’s impact on business enablers.
Info-Tech Research Group is the world’s fastest-growing information technology research and advisory company, proudly serving over 30,000 IT professionals.
We produce unbiased and highly relevant research to help CIOs and IT leaders make strategic, timely, and well-informed decisions. We partner closely with IT teams to provide everything they need, from actionable tools to analyst guidance, ensuring they deliver measurable results for their organizations.
What Is a Blueprint?
A blueprint is designed to be a roadmap, containing a methodology and the tools and templates you need to solve your IT problems.
Each blueprint can be accompanied by a Guided Implementation that provides you access to our world-class analysts to help you get through the project.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on This Topic
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process during your first call.
Get Advice From a Subject Matter Expert
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and set the direction for your next project step.
- Tom Andriola, CIO, University of California
- Ken Bainey, Former CIO, Alberta Government
- Rui Dong, Angel Investor, Blockchain Advisor, Speaker
- Dean Hamilton, General Manager, Service Enablement Business Unit, Accelerite
- Jas Khehra, Co-Founder, Espresso Claims
- Christopher Malmo, Freelance Reporter and Communications Officer, BC Financial Institutions Commission
- Wayne Sadin, Chief Information & Digital Officer, Affinitas Life
- Shane Saunderson, PhD student, Human-robot interaction, University of Toronto; Former VP, IC/Things at Idea Couture
- Elton Tucker, IT Architect and Strategist
- Jean-Philippe Vergne, Associate Professor of Strategy, Ivey Business School, Western University
- Dimitri Volkmann, Industry Expert in Business Data and (Industrial) IoT
Search Code: 85278
Published: March 7, 2018
Last Revised: March 7, 2018
TAGS:blockchain, CIO trends, IT leaders, innovation, artificial intelligence, AI, RPA, robotic process automation, robots, robotics, model, cryptocurrency, digital twin, smart contracts, chatbot, digital assistants, human in the loop, machine learning, digital ghost, proof of work, proof of stake, business enablers