- IT budgets are increasing, but many CIOs feel their budgets are inadequate to accomplish what is being asked of them.
- Eighty percent of organizations don’t have a mature, repeatable, scalable negotiation process.
- Training dollars on negotiations are often wasted or ineffective.
- Negotiations are about allocating risk and money – how much risk is a party willing to accept at what price point?
- Using a cross-functional/cross-insight team structure for negotiation preparation yields better results.
- Soft skills aren’t enough and theatrical negotiation tactics aren’t effective.
Impact and Result
A good negotiation process can help:
- Maximize budget dollars.
- Improve vendor performance.
- Enhance relationships internally and externally.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Average $ Saved
Average Days Saved
Workshop: Prepare for Negotiations More Effectively
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: 12 Steps to Better Negotiation Preparation
- Improve negotiation preparation.
- Understand how to use the Info-Tech Before Negotiating Tool.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A scalable framework for negotiation preparation will be created.
- The Before Negotiating Tool will be configured for the customer’s environment.
Establish specific negotiation goals and ranges.
- Sample negotiation goals and ranges will be generated via a case study to demonstrate the concepts and how to use the Before Negotiating Tool (this will apply to each Planned Activity)
Identify and assess alternatives to a negotiated agreement.
- Sample alternatives will be generated
Identify and evaluate assumptions made by the parties.
- Sample assumptions will be generated
- Sample research will be generated
Identify and evaluate relationship issues.
- Sample relationship issues will be generated
Identify and leverage the team structure.
- Sample teams will be generated
Identify and address leverage issues.
- Sample leverage items will be generated
Evaluate timeline considerations.
- Sample timeline issues will be generated
Create a strategy.
- A sample strategy will be generated
Draft a negotiation agenda.
- A sample negotiation agenda will be generated
Draft and answer questions.
- Sample questions and answers will be generated
Rehearse (informal and formal).
- Sample rehearsals will be conducted