Organizations need to understand their value-added reseller (VAR) portfolio and the greater VAR landscape to better:
- Manage the VAR portfolio.
- Understand additional value each VAR can provide.
- Maximize existing VAR commitments.
- Evaluate the VARs’ performance.
VARs typically charge more for products because they are in some way adding value. If you’re not leveraging any of the provided value, you’re likely wasting money and should use a basic commodity-type reseller for procurement.
Impact and Result
This project will provide several benefits to Vendor Management and Procurement:
- Defined VAR value and performance tracking.
- Manageable portfolio of VARs that fully benefit the organization.
- Added training, licensing advice, faster quoting, and invoicing resolution.
- Reduced deployment and logistics costs.