- Forty-eight percent of CIOs believe their budgets are inadequate.
- CIOs and IT departments are getting more involved with negotiations to reduce costs and risk.
- Confident negotiators tend to be more successful, but even confident negotiators have room to improve.
- Skilled negotiators are in short supply.
- Improving your negotiation skills requires more than practice or experience (i.e. repeatedly negotiating).
- Creating and updating a negotiations lessons-learned library helps negotiators improve and provides a substantial return for the organization.
- Failure is a great teacher; so is success … but you have to pay attention to indicators, not just results.
Impact and Result
Addressing and managing the negotiation debriefing process will help you:
- Improve negotiation skills.
- Implement your negotiation strategy more effectively.
- Improve negotiation results.
Workshop: Evaluate and Learn From Your Negotiation Sessions More Effectively
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: 12 Steps to Better Negotiation Preparation
- Improve negotiation skills and outcomes; share lessons learned.
- Understand the value of debriefing sessions during the negotiation process.
- Understand how to use the Info-Tech After Negotiations Tool.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A better understanding of how and when to debrief during the negotiation process to leverage key insights.
- The After Negotiations Tool will be reviewed and configured for the customer’s environment (as applicable).
Debrief after each negotiation session
- Negotiation Session Debrief Checklist and Questionnaire
Determine next steps
- Next Steps Checklist
Return to preparation phase
Conduct Post Mortem #1
- Post Mortem #1 Checklist & Dashboard
Conduct Implementation Assessment
- Implementation Assessment Checklist and Questionnaire
Conduct Post Mortem #2
- Post Mortem #2 Checklist & Dashboard