Five anonymous contributors
- Forty-eight percent of CIOs believe their budgets are inadequate.
- CIOs and IT departments are getting more involved with negotiations to reduce costs and risk.
- Confident negotiators tend to be more successful, but even confident negotiators have room to improve.
- Skilled negotiators are in short supply.
- Improving your negotiation skills requires more than practice or experience (i.e. repeatedly negotiating).
- Creating and updating a negotiations lessons-learned library helps negotiators improve and provides a substantial return for the organization.
- Failure is a great teacher; so is success … but you have to pay attention to indicators, not just results.
Impact and Result
Addressing and managing the negotiation debriefing process will help you:
- Improve negotiation skills.
- Implement your negotiation strategy more effectively.
- Improve negotiation results.
This guided implementation is a six call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Negotiations continuing
Call #1 - Review the negotiation session evaluation process and template.
Call #2 - Discuss how to translate the data from the negotiation session evaluation into next steps.
Call #3 - Revisit the preparation and implementation stages of the negotiation process in anticipation of the next negotiation session.
Guided Implementation #2 - Negotiations completed
Call #1 - Review the (a) value and nature of the first post mortem after negotiations have concluded, and (b) the first post-mortem tool.
Call #2 - Discuss the why and how of conducting a negotiation assessment as the “project” is being implemented.
Call #3 - Examine the second post-mortem template and understand how to leverage the assessments for future negotiations.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: 12 Steps to Better Negotiation Preparation
- Improve negotiation skills and outcomes; share lessons learned.
- Understand the value of debriefing sessions during the negotiation process.
- Understand how to use the Info-Tech After Negotiations Tool.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A better understanding of how and when to debrief during the negotiation process to leverage key insights.
- The After Negotiations Tool will be reviewed and configured for the customer’s environment (as applicable).
Debrief after each negotiation session
- Negotiation Session Debrief Checklist and Questionnaire
Determine next steps
- Next Steps Checklist
Return to preparation phase
Conduct Post Mortem #1
- Post Mortem #1 Checklist & Dashboard
Conduct Implementation Assessment
- Implementation Assessment Checklist and Questionnaire
Conduct Post Mortem #2
- Post Mortem #2 Checklist & Dashboard