- Jeffrey Altergott, Senior Manager, Vendor Management, National Restaurant Association
- Larry Millholland, Senior Manager US Procurement, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Sean Katzen, CEO, Ovations Group
- Deon van Niekerk, COO, Ovations Group
- Danie Jansen van Vuuren, CFO, Ovations Group
- 5 anonymous contributors
- Customer maturity levels with Agile are low, with 67% of organizations using Agile for less than five years.
- Customer competency levels with Agile are also low, with 84% of organizations stating they are below a high level of competency.
- Contract disputes are the number one or two types of disputes faced by organizations across all industries.
- Agile contracts require different wording and protections than traditional or waterfall contracts.
- Agile buzzwords by themselves do not create an Agile contract.
- There is a delicate balance between being overly prescriptive in an Agile contract and too lax.
Impact and Result
- Identify options for Agile contract provisions.
- Manage Agile contract risk by selecting the appropriate level of protections for an Agile project.
- Harness the power of Agile development and collaboration with the vendor while preserving contractual flexibility.
- Focus on the correct contract clauses to manage Agile risk.
This guided implementation is a seven call advisory process.
Call #1 - Review definitions and glossary terms; discuss scope.
Call #2 - Discuss governance issues and concerns.
Call #3 - Review pricing methodologies.
Call #4 - Evaluate term and termination options.
Call #5 - Discuss key personnel concepts and potential deliverables categories.
Call #6 - Review acceptance and warranties.
Call #7 - Assess IP-related needs: rights and indemnification.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Identify and Evaluate Options
To understand Agile-specific contract clauses, to improve risk identification, and to be more effective at negotiating Agile contract terms.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Increased awareness of how Agile contract provisions are different from traditional or waterfall contracts in 12 key areas.
- Understanding available options.
- Understanding the impact of being too prescriptive.
Review the Agile Contract Playbook-Checklist.
- Configured Playbook-Checklist as applicable
Review 12 contract provisions and reinforce key learnings with exercises.
- Exercise results and debrief