- Your vendor contracts are unorganized and held in various cabinets and network shares. There is no consolidated list or view of all the agreements, and some are misplaced or lost as coworkers leave.
- The contract process takes a long time to complete. Coworkers are unsure who should be reviewing and approving them.
- You are concerned that you are not getting favorable terms with your vendors and not complying with your agreement commitments.
- You are unsure what risks your organization could be exposed to in your IT vendor contacts. These could be financial, legal, or security risks and/or compliance requirements.
- Focus on what’s best for you. There are two phases to CLM. All stages within those phases are important, but choose to improve the phase that can be most beneficial to your organization in the short term. However, be sure to include reviewing risk and monitoring compliance.
- Educate yourself. Understand the stages of CLM and how each step can rely on the previous one, like a stepping-stone model to success.
- Consider the overall picture. Contract lifecycle management is the sum of many processes designed to manage contracts end to end while reducing corporate risk, improving financial savings, and managing agreement obligations. It can take time to get CLM organized and working efficiently, but then it will show its ROI and continuously improve.
Impact and Result
- Understand how to identify and mitigate risk to save the organization time and money.
- Gain the knowledge required to implement a CLM that will be beneficial to all business units.
- Achieve measurable savings in contract time processing, financial risk avoidance, and dollar savings.
- Effectively review, store, manage, comply with, and renew agreements with a collaborative process
Onsite Workshop: Design and Build an Effective Contract Lifecycle Management Process
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Review Your CLM Process and Learn the Basics
- Identify current CLM processes.
- Learn the CLM operational framework.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Documented overview of current processes and stakeholders.
Review and capture your current process.
- Existing CLM Process Worksheet
Identify current stakeholders.
Learn the operational framework of CLM.
Identify current process gaps.
Module 2: Learn More and Plan
- Dive into the two phases of CLM and the ten stages of a robust system.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A deep understanding of the required components/stages of a CLM system.
Understand the two phases of CLM.
Learn the ten stages of CLM.
Assess your CLM maturity state.
- CLM Maturity Assessment
Identify and assign stakeholders.
- CLM RASCI Diagram