IT Continuity Planning
Why should you care?
- IT needs to be able to respond to unplanned downtime and disaster situations. Inability to do so will result in lost data, lost assets, and lost money.
- Identifying risks, recovery objectives, and mitigation tactics is the most difficult part of building the DRP.
- A solid DRP will dramatically improve the IT’s resiliency to disaster and protect the organization from disruption and loss of business.
- For compliance purposes, IT must aggressively pursue and complete DRP project tasks using standardized tools and templates for documentation.
- IT departments usually don’t know where to start in creating a DRP. Straightforward guidance and communication are crucial for success.
Why use OptimizeIT for your IT Continuity Planning development?
- You get a complete set of Disaster Recovery Planning tools all in one place.
- You have the ability to pick and choose individual tools as required to meet current needs, or partially completed projects.
- You can rely on a proven methodology for tackling continuity planning.
- You’ll be able to assess current risks, identify impact on business, and develop clear objectives.
- You can easily delegate tasks to the right staff to speed up the process.
What You’ll Get From the IT Continuity Planning Program
We'll supply the tools to help you...
- Capture critical employee knowledge relating to the management of core systems
- Learn the implications of application outages
- Understand and mitigate infrastructure gaps in support of disaster recovery
- Ensure recovery objectives for critical applications
- Predict and manage impact on customers and business partners
- Minimize financial exposure
- Rely on well defined application recovery procedures and mitigation steps
- Define internal roles and responsibilities in the event of calamities
- Effectively maintain a recovery strategy
- Meet federal regulations where applicable
You'll Have Access to a Complete Toolbox:
- Asset Inventory
- Risk Assessment Checklist
- Operational Analysis Summary
- Business Impact Analysis Report and Application Prioritization
- Risk Mitigation Recommendations
- Gap Mitigation Roadmap
- Recovery Objectives Worksheet
- DRP Team Workbook
- DR Procedures
- DP Testing Procedures and Test Results
- Communication Plan
- DRP Maintenance Procedures
- Identify critical IT assets and related risks
- Assess the business impact if IT assets are unavailable
- Define recovery needs including priority, recovery time, and recovery points
- Assemble recovery procedures, processes and teams
- Define DR testing procedures
- Create DRP maintenance plan