Already a member? Sign In.
Need help? Our Trial Membership program will get you help on any IT project you're working on. You'll get access to our research, tools, advice and project help.
IT Continuity Planning
Why should you care?
- IT needs to be able to respond to unplanned downtime and disaster situations. Inability to do so will result in lost data, lost assets, and lost money.
- Identifying risks, recovery objectives, and mitigation tactics is the most difficult part of building the DRP.
- A solid DRP will dramatically improve the IT’s resiliency to disaster and protect the organization from disruption and loss of business.
- For compliance purposes, IT must aggressively pursue and complete DRP project tasks using standardized tools and templates for documentation.
- IT departments usually don’t know where to start in creating a DRP. Straightforward guidance and communication are crucial for success.
Why use OptimizeIT for your IT Continuity Planning development?
- You get a complete set of Disaster Recovery Planning tools all in one place.
- You have the ability to pick and choose individual tools as required to meet current needs, or partially completed projects.
- You can rely on a proven methodology for tackling continuity planning.
- You’ll be able to assess current risks, identify impact on business, and develop clear objectives.
- You can easily delegate tasks to the right staff to speed up the process.
What You’ll Get From the IT Continuity Planning Program
We'll supply the tools to help you...
- Capture critical employee knowledge relating to the management of core systems
- Learn the implications of application outages
- Understand and mitigate infrastructure gaps in support of disaster recovery
- Ensure recovery objectives for critical applications
- Predict and manage impact on customers and business partners
- Minimize financial exposure
- Rely on well defined application recovery procedures and mitigation steps
- Define internal roles and responsibilities in the event of calamities
- Effectively maintain a recovery strategy
- Meet federal regulations where applicable
You'll Have Access to a Complete Toolbox:
- Asset Inventory
- Risk Assessment Checklist
- Operational Analysis Summary
- Business Impact Analysis Report and Application Prioritization
- Risk Mitigation Recommendations
- Gap Mitigation Roadmap
- Recovery Objectives Worksheet
- DRP Team Workbook
- DR Procedures
- DP Testing Procedures and Test Results
- Communication Plan
- DRP Maintenance Procedures
- Identify critical IT assets and related risks
- Assess the business impact if IT assets are unavailable
- Define recovery needs including priority, recovery time, and recovery points
- Assemble recovery procedures, processes and teams
- Define DR testing procedures
- Create DRP maintenance plan