Select and Implement a Human Resource Information System
- Your organization is in the midst of a selection and implementation process for a human resource information system (HRIS), and there is a need to disambiguate the market and arrive at a shortlist of vendors.
- Your organization has identified a shortlist of vendors, and you must make an informed decision not only to select one (or more) of the solutions, but also to adequately prepare for a successful implementation process.
- The marketspace has a multitude of solutions positing to provide strong capabilities in most areas of functionality. Differentiating between the solutions is difficult and going through a lengthy RFX process with all vendors is an inefficient approach in terms of time, effort, and cost.
- There are many unstructured opinions, casting a shadow of ambiguity on the entire process, bogging down decision makers in wasteful “analysis paralysis.”
- Market complexity should not equate to decision complexity. Info-Tech’s navigation of the complicated and diverse HR market will help organizations make informed buying decisions.
- No single HRIS will satisfy all needs. Thinking about how the system will be used within the organization can be more important than the selection itself.
- HRIS is a business initiative, so make project success a shared responsibility. System integrators are a resource, but ownership resides internally.
Impact and Result
- Follow a structured, accelerated approach to launch your HRIS project, filling in knowledge gaps in an organized way that prepares your organization to make an informed decision.
- Explore the vendor landscape to understand the HRIS space, familiarizing yourself with the major players in the space and the types of capabilities offered.
- Benchmark your shortlist of vendors with the industry champions in the different use cases, and evaluate how they fit with your organization’s identity and needs.
- Acquaint yourself with the standard steps in the process to inform decisions related to successfully implementing your solution of choice.
- Fast-track selection and preparation for implementation with a proven business-partnered methodology.
Start here – read the Executive Brief
Read our concise Executive Brief to find out why you should implement an HRIS solution, review Info-Tech’s methodology, and understand the four ways we can support you in completing this project.
Launch the HRIS project
Conduct a market overview, assess your readiness for the HRIS implementation, and gather requirements.
Select your HRIS solution
Analyze and shortlist vendors in the space and select an HRIS solution.
Plan your HRIS implementation
Plan the implementation and evaluate project metrics.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Launch the HRIS Project and Collect Requirements
- Discuss the general project overview for the HRIS selection.
- Assess your readiness for the project.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Elicit your HRIS requirements.
- Launch your HRIS selection project.
Facilitation of activities from Phase 1, “Launch the HRIS Project and Collect Requirements,” including project scoping and resource planning.
- HRIS Readiness Assessment Checklist
- HRIS Procurement Project Charter
Conduct overview of the HRIS market landscape, trends, and vendors.
- HRIS Use-Case Fit Assessment
Module 2: Plan the HRIS Procurement and Implementation
- Plan the HRIS procurement and prepare for implementation.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Select an HRIS.
- Build a plan for implementing the HRIS.
Interview IT and HR staff as well as the project team to identify technical requirements for the HRIS and document high-level requirements.
- HRIS Requirements Package
Perform a use-case scenario assessment. Review use-case scenario results and identify use-case alignment.
Review the HRIS Vendor Landscape vendor profiles and performance.
- HRIS Vendor Evaluation
Create a custom vendor shortlist. Investigate additional vendors in the marketplace.
- HRIS RFP
Meet with project manager to discuss results and action items.
- HRIS Implementation Plan