- Your organization is in the midst of a selection and implementation process for a human resource information system (HRIS), and there is a need to disambiguate the market and arrive at a shortlist of vendors.
- Your organization has identified a shortlist of vendors, and you must make an informed decision not only to select one (or more) of the solutions, but also to adequately prepare for a successful implementation process.
- The marketspace has a multitude of solutions positing to provide strong capabilities in most areas of functionality. Differentiating between the solutions is difficult and going through a lengthy RFX process with all vendors is an inefficient approach in terms of time, effort, and cost.
- There are many unstructured opinions, casting a shadow of ambiguity on the entire process, bogging down decision makers in wasteful “analysis paralysis.”
- Market complexity should not equate to decision complexity. Info-Tech’s navigation of the complicated and diverse HR market will help organizations make informed buying decisions.
- No single HRIS will satisfy all needs. Thinking about how the system will be used within the organization can be more important than the selection itself.
- HRIS is a business initiative, so make project success a shared responsibility. System integrators are a resource, but ownership resides internally.
Impact and Result
- Follow a structured, accelerated approach to launch your HRIS project, filling in knowledge gaps in an organized way that prepares your organization to make an informed decision.
- Explore the vendor landscape to understand the HRIS space, familiarizing yourself with the major players in the space and the types of capabilities offered.
- Benchmark your shortlist of vendors with the industry champions in the different use cases, and evaluate how they fit with your organization’s identity and needs.
- Acquaint yourself with the standard steps in the process to inform decisions related to successfully implementing your solution of choice.
- Fast-track selection and preparation for implementation with a proven business-partnered methodology.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Average $ Saved
Average Days Saved
Workshop: Select and Implement a Human Resource Information System
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Launch the HRIS Project and Collect Requirements
- Discuss the general project overview for the HRIS selection.
- Assess your readiness for the project.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Elicit your HRIS requirements.
- Launch your HRIS selection project.
Facilitation of activities from Phase 1, “Launch the HRIS Project and Collect Requirements,” including project scoping and resource planning.
- HRIS Readiness Assessment Checklist
- HRIS Procurement Project Charter
Conduct overview of the HRIS market landscape, trends, and vendors.
- HRIS Use-Case Fit Assessment
Module 2: Plan the HRIS Procurement and Implementation
- Plan the HRIS procurement and prepare for implementation.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Select an HRIS.
- Build a plan for implementing the HRIS.
Interview IT and HR staff as well as the project team to identify technical requirements for the HRIS and document high-level requirements.
- HRIS Requirements Package
Perform a use-case scenario assessment. Review use-case scenario results and identify use-case alignment.
Review the HRIS Vendor Landscape vendor profiles and performance.
- HRIS Vendor Evaluation
Create a custom vendor shortlist. Investigate additional vendors in the marketplace.
- HRIS RFP
Meet with project manager to discuss results and action items.
- HRIS Implementation Plan