- Selection takes forever. Traditional software selection drags on for years, sometimes in perpetuity.
- IT is viewed as a bottleneck and the business has taken control of software selection.
- “Gut feel” decisions rule the day. Intuition, not hard data, guides selection, leading to poor outcomes.
- Negotiations are a losing battle. Money is left on the table by inexperienced negotiators.
- Overall: Poor selection processes lead to wasted time, wasted effort, and applications that continually disappoint.
- Adopt a formal methodology to accelerate and improve software selection results.
- Improve business satisfaction by including the right stakeholders and delivering new applications on a truly timely basis.
- Kill the “sacred cow” requirements that only exist because “it’s how we’ve always done it.”
- Forget about “RFP” overload and hone in on the features that matter to your organization.
- Skip the guesswork and validate decisions with real data.
- Take control of vendor “dog and pony shows” with single-day, high-value, low-effort, rapid-fire investigative interviews.
- Master vendor negotiations and never leave money on the table.
Impact and Result
Improving software selection is a critical project that will deliver huge value.
- Hit a home run with your business stakeholders: use a data-driven approach to select the right application vendor for their needs – fast.
- Shatter stakeholder expectations with truly rapid application selections.
- Boost collaboration and crush the broken telephone with concise and effective stakeholder meetings.
- Lock in hard savings and do not pay list price by using data-driven tactics.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this Blueprint, and what our clients have to say.