- With the relatively slow uptake of the S/4HANA platform, the pressure is immense for SAP to maintain revenue growth.
- SAP’s definitions and licensing rules are complex and vague, making it extremely difficult to purchase with confidence while remaining compliant.
- Aggressive audit tactics may be used to speed up the move to HANA.
- Mapping SAP products to HANA can be highly complex, leading to overspending and an inability to reduce future spend.
- The deployment model chosen will directly impact commercial pathways forward.
- Beware of digital (indirect) access licensing and compliance concerns.
- Without having a holistic negotiation strategy, it is easy to hit a common obstacle and land into SAP’s playbook, requiring further spend.
Impact and Result
- Build a business case to evaluate S/4HANA.
- Understand the S/4HANA roadmap and map current functionality to ensure compatibility.
- Understand negotiating pricing and commercial terms.
- Learn the “SAP way” of conducting business, which includes a best-in-class sales structure, unique contracts, and license use policies combined with a hyper-aggressive compliance function.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Average $ Saved
Average Days Saved