- With the relatively slow uptake of the S/4HANA platform, the pressure is immense for SAP to maintain revenue growth.
- SAP’s definitions and licensing rules are complex and vague, making it extremely difficult to purchase with confidence while remaining compliant.
- Aggressive audit tactics may be used to speed up the move to HANA.
- Mapping SAP products to HANA can be highly complex, leading to overspending and an inability to reduce future spend.
- The deployment model chosen will directly impact commercial pathways forward.
- Beware of digital (indirect) access licensing and compliance concerns.
- Without having a holistic negotiation strategy, it is easy to hit a common obstacle and land into SAP’s playbook, requiring further spend.
Impact and Result
- Build a business case to evaluate S/4HANA.
- Understand the S/4HANA roadmap and map current functionality to ensure compatibility.
- Understand negotiating pricing and commercial terms.
- Learn the “SAP way” of conducting business, which includes a best-in-class sales structure, unique contracts, and license use policies combined with a hyper-aggressive compliance function.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.