- IBM customers want to make effective use of their paid-up licenses to avoid overspending and stay compliant with agreements.
- Each IBM software product is subject to different rules.
- Clients control and have responsibility for aligning usage and payments. Over time, the usage of the software may be out of sync with what the client has paid for, resulting in either overspending or violation of the licensing agreement.
- IBM audits software usage in order to generate revenue from non-compliant customers.
- You have a lot of work to do if you haven’t been paying attention to your IBM software.
- Focus on needs first. Conduct and document a thorough requirements assessment. Well-documented needs will be your core asset in negotiation.
- Know what’s in IBM’s terms and conditions. Failure to understand these can lead to major penalties after an audit.
- Review your agreements and entitlements quarterly. IBM may have changed the rules, and you have almost certainly changed your usage.
Impact and Result
- Establish clear licensing requirements.
- Maintain an effective process for managing your IBM license usage and compliance.
- Identify any cost-reduction opportunities.
- Prepare for penalty-free IBM audits.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Average Days Saved