Already a member? Sign In.
Need help? Our Trial Membership program will get you help on any IT project you're working on. You'll get access to our research, tools, advice and project help.
When organizational or market factors fluctuate, project priorities may shift due to changing realities. Organizations that have multiple projects competing for limited resources face the following key challenges:
- Making the project inventory and project priority list vital elements of the IT management and/or organizational process, rather than static documents or reports left to become stagnant and useless.
- Keeping the project priority list dynamic and reflective of current IT and/or organizational initiatives and activities rather than a single point-in-time assessment and evaluation.
This program consists of three key steps:
- Process for Re-Prioritization
- Revisit Project Priority List and Make Adjustments
- Review Adjustments with Stakeholders
When you have completed this program, you will have:
- Identified key events or external circumstances that can trigger project re-prioritization.
- A clear and defined process to manage and maintain project priorities, both now and in the future.
- A re-prioritized list of projects based on new realities.
- Templates for communicating with, and obtaining approval from, senior management and stakeholders.
Bundle 4 of 4
|FastTrack Activity||Re-adjustments Fast Track Tool|
|Re-Rank Projects||Project Reprioritization Master Tool|
|Maintain Prioritization List||
Guide to Understanding Triggers for Reprioritization
Project Prioritization List Maintenance Guidelines
|Review Proposed Adjustments with Stakeholders||Change Approval Form|