Vendor Landscape: Enterprise Service Desk Software
Move past tickets to proactive, integrated service.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Service desk managers have recognized the need to integrate more applications and systems with workflows for end to end process efficiencies and information sharing.
- The business is requesting better self-serve features than just ticket creation and status updates, moving to a service catalog and knowledgebase for those users who are interested in self-solving their issues.
- Service desk professionals are attempting to balance tool customization capabilities with ease of use.
- There is not much functional difference between enterprise-class service desk solutions. Focus on the fit with your service desk requirements.
- Leverage integrated modules but do not sacrifice working solutions for new solutions. Evaluate the APIs that enable two-way communications between solutions.
- Look closely at configuration and customization options, with an eye to matching skills required to skills available. Ensure customization will not hinder product upgrades and ability to create reports.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the enterprise service desk market.
- Evaluate service desk vendors and products for your enterprise needs using Info-Tech’s Enterprise Service Desk Vendor Landscape.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
Understand the enterprise service desk market space
Select an appropriate service desk vendor.
Review enterprise service desk solutions
Build a shortlist of best-fit service desk tools for the enterprise.
Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.