- Service desk managers have recognized the need to integrate more applications and systems with workflows for end-to-end process efficiencies and information sharing.
- The business is requesting better self-serve features than just ticket creation and status updates, moving to a service catalog and knowledgebase for those users who are interested in self-solving their issues.
- Service desk professionals are attempting to balance tool customization capabilities with ease of use.
- At a high level, the enterprise class service desk solutions offer the same functionality. Look more granularly to ensure best fit, focusing on your organization’s specific needs.
- Don’t be distracted by flashy features you won’t use. Before selecting a tool, ensure that business requirements are clearly defined and choose a tool that will support your unique user base and organization needs.
- Ensure your tool can grow with you to support future ITSM processes or extension to other business departments if that’s on your roadmap.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the enterprise service desk market.
- Evaluate service desk vendors and products for your enterprise needs using Info-Tech’s Enterprise Service Desk Vendor Landscape.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Average $ Saved
Average Days Saved