THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Service desk managers have recognized the need to integrate more applications and systems with workflows for end-to-end process efficiencies and information sharing.
- The business is requesting better self-serve features than just ticket creation and status updates, moving to a service catalog and knowledgebase for those users who are interested in self-solving their issues.
- Service desk professionals are attempting to balance tool customization capabilities with ease of use.
- At a high level, the enterprise class service desk solutions offer the same functionality. Look more granularly to ensure best fit, focusing on your organization’s specific needs.
- Don’t be distracted by flashy features you won’t use. Before selecting a tool, ensure that business requirements are clearly defined and choose a tool that will support your unique user base and organization needs.
- Ensure your tool can grow with you to support future ITSM processes or extension to other business departments if that’s on your roadmap.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the enterprise service desk market.
- Evaluate service desk vendors and products for your enterprise needs using Info-Tech’s Enterprise Service Desk Vendor Landscape.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Call #1 - Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide which platform suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Guided Implementation #2 - RFP and Budget Review
Call #1 - Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution will meet your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Guided Implementation #3 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Call #1 - Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this Blueprint, and what our clients have to say.