- Customers expect a consumer experience with IT. It won’t be long until this expectation expands to IT service support.
- Messaging and threads are becoming central to how businesses organize information and conversations, but voice isn’t going away. It is still by far people’s favorite channel.
- Tickets are becoming more complicated. BYOD, telework, and SaaS products present a perfect storm.
- Traditional service metrics are not made for self service. Your mean-time-to-resolve will increase and first-contact resolution will decrease.
- Bring the service desk to the people. Select channels that are most familiar to your users, and make it as easy possible to talk to a human.
- Integrate channels. Users should have a consistent experience, and technicians should know user history.
- Don’t forget the human aspect. People aren’t always good with technology. Allow them to contact a person if they are struggling.
Impact and Result
- Define which channels will be prioritized.
- Identify improvements to these channels based on best practices and our members’ experiences.
- Streamline your ticket intake process to remove unnecessary steps.
- Prioritize improvements based on their value. Implement a set of improvements every quarter.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Southern Cross Austereo
Workshop: Improve Service Desk Ticket Intake
Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Optimize Ticket Channels
- Brainstorm improvements to your systems and processes that will help you optimize.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Develop a single point of contact.
- Reduce the time before a technician can start productively working on a ticket.
- Enable Tier 1 and end users to complete more tickets.
Prioritize channels for improvement.
Optimize the voice channel.
- Action items to improve the voice channel.
Identify improvements for self service.
- Populated CSI Register for self-service channels.
Improve Tier 1 agents’ access to information.
- Identified action items for the knowledgebase.
Optimize supplementary ticket channels.
- Populated CSI Register for additional ticket channels.
Module 2: Streamline Ticket Intake
- Create long-term growth by taking a sustainable approach to improvements.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Streamline your overall ticket intake process for incidents and service requests.
Map out the incident intake processes.
Identify opportunities to streamline the incident workflow.
- Streamlined incident intake process.
Map out the request processes.
Identify opportunities to streamline the request workflow.
- Streamlined request intake process.
- Populated CSI Register for request intake.