- Customers expect a consumer experience with IT. It won’t be long until this expectation expands to IT service support.
- Messaging and threads are becoming central to how businesses organize information and conversations, but voice isn’t going away. It is still by far people’s favorite channel.
- Tickets are becoming more complicated. BYOD, telework, and SaaS products present a perfect storm.
- Traditional service metrics are not made for self service. Your mean-time-to-resolve will increase and first-contact resolution will decrease.
- Bring the service desk to the people. Select channels that are most familiar to your users, and make it as easy possible to talk to a human.
- Integrate channels. Users should have a consistent experience, and technicians should know user history.
- Don’t forget the human aspect. People aren’t always good with technology. Allow them to contact a person if they are struggling.
Impact and Result
- Define which channels will be prioritized.
- Identify improvements to these channels based on best practices and our members’ experiences.
- Streamline your ticket intake process to remove invaluable steps.
- Prioritize improvements based on their value. Implement a set of improvements every quarter.
This guided implementation is an eight call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Define and prioritize channels
Call #1 - Identify criteria for optimization.
Call #2 - Discuss goals for ticket intake.
Guided Implementation #2 - Improve ticket channels
Call #1 - Identify improvements to voice and self-service channels.
Call #2 - Improve analysts’ knowledge of users and the environment.
Call #3 - Identify improvements to additional channels.
Guided Implementation #3 - Define next steps
Call #1 - Map out your ticket intake processes.
Call #2 - Identify opportunities to streamline ticket intake.
Call #3 - Discuss tools for prioritizing improvements.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Optimize Ticket Channels
- Brainstorm improvements to your systems and processes that will help you optimize.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Develop a single point of contact.
- Reduce the time before a technician can start productively working on a ticket.
- Enable Tier 1 and end users to complete more tickets.
Prioritize channels for improvement.
Optimize the voice channel.
- Action items to improve the voice channel.
Identify improvements for self service.
- Populated CSI Register for self-service channels.
Improve Tier 1 agents’ access to information.
- Identified action items for the knowledgebase.
Optimize supplementary ticket channels.
- Populated CSI Register for additional ticket channels.
Module 2: Streamline Ticket Intake
- Create long-term growth by taking a sustainable approach to improvements.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Streamline your overall ticket intake process for incidents and service requests.
Map out the incident intake processes.
Identify opportunities to streamline the incident workflow.
- Streamlined incident intake process.
Map out the request processes.
Identify opportunities to streamline the request workflow.
- Streamlined request intake process.
- Populated CSI Register for request intake.