Effectively Manage Cloud Vendors
Don’t be afraid to let go.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
- At least 48% of organizations have adopted or will be adopting some kind of cloud service.
- These cloud solutions have the potential to offload some IT responsibilities, allowing internal IT to focus on more strategic business initiatives.
- However, IT isn’t completely off the hook. You may not be managing the technical side of the cloud, but you are still responsible for its success in your organization.
- Technology trends like social media, consumerization, and cloud are creating a shift in IT responsibilities, dialing back skills in infrastructure and applications, while ramping up business analysis and vendor management skills.
Impact and Result
- Establish good vendor management practice that can be adapted to the cloud by understanding the unique risks and challenges presented by the cloud.
- Pay special attention to understanding and managing risk, managing contract and service level expectations, and monitoring good performance.
- Lee County Port Authority
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now