Effectively Manage Cloud Vendors
Don’t be afraid to let go.
- At least 48% of organizations have adopted or will be adopting some kind of cloud service.
- These cloud solutions have the potential to offload some IT responsibilities, allowing internal IT to focus on more strategic business initiatives.
- However, IT isn’t completely off the hook. You may not be managing the technical side of the cloud, but you are still responsible for its success in your organization.
- Technology trends like social media, consumerization, and cloud are creating a shift in IT responsibilities, dialing back skills in infrastructure and applications, while ramping up business analysis and vendor management skills.
Impact and Result
- Establish good vendor management practice that can be adapted to the cloud by understanding the unique risks and challenges presented by the cloud.
- Pay special attention to understanding and managing risk, managing contract and service level expectations, and monitoring good performance.