Comprehensive Software Reviews to make better IT decisions
Prepare for Virtual Interviews – COVID-19
Business continuity during COVID-19 will mean leveraging online technologies for all departments, including human resources. IT departments can assist in recruiting efforts by ensuring virtual interviewing technologies are in place and supported.
Organizations will have different recruitment needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.While some will face layoffs, others will need to increase hiring. Healthcare providers, pharmacies, and grocery chains are seeing an increase in postings.
As organizations adjust their recruitment and interviewing processes to comply with social distancing, many hiring managers are going to need to continue with the company’s hiring mandates. Virtual interviews can enable these processes.
While virtual interviewing is not new, many organizations are not as familiar with technology. IT will need to evaluate technology requirements and be prepared for these requests.
Steps to Prepare
Evaluate, Prepare, and Test Your Technology
- Evaluate current software inventory for technology that can be used to conduct virtual interviews.
- If no licensed technology meets the need, examine business requirements and develop a software requirements list.
- Quickly evaluate available technologies against those requirements. Microsoft Teams, Cisco WebEx, GoToMeeting, and Zoom are some common platforms.
- Implement and thoroughly test the technology before pushing out to internal staff and external candidates.
- Prepare written documentation and aides for internal and external use.
- Conduct training sessions with staff.
- Train IT staff to support the technology.
Work With Human Resources to Communicate Effectively With Candidates
- Prepare materials for external users. Include links and backup communications such as phone numbers in case of technical difficulties.
- Set expectations. Communicate the state of your technology with candidates. If the technology is new to the organization or the person conducting the interview, explain that.
- Provide support and be willing to work through internal and external technical issues.
- Poll users throughout the process for areas of improvement.
- Evaluate and improve processes and technology as necessary.
Virtual interviewing is an enabling technology that will allow businesses to continue to recruit during the COVID-19 pandemic.IT and HR departments need to work together to examine needs and roll-out technologies to assist with this process. Being prepared and having support resources available will be critical to the success of this implementation.
What is changing in the HR technology space as a result of COVID-19? Some organizations are seeing an uptick in interest and customer support, while others are providing free access to their product.
An enterprise application selection or implementation has most likely been heavily impacted by COVID-19. Do not hit the brakes; stopping and restarting projects increases the risk of failure. Slow down or speed up? Which is the right strategy for your organization?
Culture Amp has enabled a new feature to increase employee confidentiality. With this launch, administrators can no longer identify participants indirectly.
On February 21, Kronos Incorporated and Ultimate Software announced the merger of the two entities. Both entities’ controlling stockholder is the private equity firm Hellman & Friedman. The merger was approved by both boards and is expected to be completed by the end of March.
Cornerstone is acquiring Saba, a learning management system, to further invest in its learning offerings and gain reach in the market. With this acquisition, the organization intends to accelerate product development.
Cornerstone acquires Clustree to incorporate AI into its learning solutions. As a result, Cornerstone’s Learning Suite displays deep knowledge of employee skills, which can inform promotions or job changes, areas for learning, and recruiting decisions.
Hellman & Friedman LLC (H&F), the controlling shareholder of both Kronos Incorporated and Ultimate Software, will merge the two entities to create one of the world’s largest HCM cloud companies.
A recent survey by Espressive, an artificial intelligence (AI)-based enterprise service management software vendor, indicates that applying AI in HR departments is a priority for pioneering organizations.
Oracle reported slightly better-than-expected Q2 FY20 results, but despite substantial revenue numbers and high growth areas such as Oracle Cloud, Fusion ERP, and Autonomous Database, it’s unclear when these market segments will accelerate revenue growth materially.