Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
Prepare for Virtual Interviews – COVID-19
Business continuity during COVID-19 will mean leveraging online technologies for all departments, including human resources. IT departments can assist in recruiting efforts by ensuring virtual interviewing technologies are in place and supported.
Organizations will have different recruitment needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.While some will face layoffs, others will need to increase hiring. Healthcare providers, pharmacies, and grocery chains are seeing an increase in postings.
As organizations adjust their recruitment and interviewing processes to comply with social distancing, many hiring managers are going to need to continue with the company’s hiring mandates. Virtual interviews can enable these processes.
While virtual interviewing is not new, many organizations are not as familiar with technology. IT will need to evaluate technology requirements and be prepared for these requests.
Steps to Prepare
Evaluate, Prepare, and Test Your Technology
- Evaluate current software inventory for technology that can be used to conduct virtual interviews.
- If no licensed technology meets the need, examine business requirements and develop a software requirements list.
- Quickly evaluate available technologies against those requirements. Microsoft Teams, Cisco WebEx, GoToMeeting, and Zoom are some common platforms.
- Implement and thoroughly test the technology before pushing out to internal staff and external candidates.
- Prepare written documentation and aides for internal and external use.
- Conduct training sessions with staff.
- Train IT staff to support the technology.
Work With Human Resources to Communicate Effectively With Candidates
- Prepare materials for external users. Include links and backup communications such as phone numbers in case of technical difficulties.
- Set expectations. Communicate the state of your technology with candidates. If the technology is new to the organization or the person conducting the interview, explain that.
- Provide support and be willing to work through internal and external technical issues.
- Poll users throughout the process for areas of improvement.
- Evaluate and improve processes and technology as necessary.
Virtual interviewing is an enabling technology that will allow businesses to continue to recruit during the COVID-19 pandemic.IT and HR departments need to work together to examine needs and roll-out technologies to assist with this process. Being prepared and having support resources available will be critical to the success of this implementation.
For an infograhic on virtual interviews, please visit McLean & Company.
On May 24-25, Informatica held its annual conference in Las Vegas – the first time “in-person” since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Custom application development is a strategic differentiator in the digital economy. Organizations need to make good decisions on how to insource or outsource that development or they risk bad software … and worse results.
This note highlights the top three trends to watch for in the 2022 UCaaS marketspace: AR/VR digital workspaces will see sustained investment; UCaaS and customer experience management technologies will continue to blend; and speech functionality will become more sophisticated through AI-driven technology.
Enterprise Connect is North America’s premier conference for advances in communications, collaboration, and customer experience technologies. In this note, Thomas Randall provides his trends and keynote highlights for Enterprise Connect 2021, held September 27 to 29.
On October 6, 2021, Front briefed Info-Tech on their latest product functionality and roadmap, alongside their growth in the EMEA region. Front – a unified customer experience platform provider – offers a centralized communications hub that enables the fluid interchange of information for both internal and external communications.
On October 8, 2021, BlueJeans by Verizon announced their “Next-Generation BlueJeans” suite and partnership with Google Glass. The Next-Generation suite ties BlueJeans Meetings to two new products: BlueJeans Spaces and BlueJeans Collab Board.
Vijay Sundaram, Chief Strategy Officer at Zoho, describes a major release of new apps and services focused on enabling hybrid work.
Automation is not a silver bullet solution to your workforce productivity challenges. Optimization and automation (optimation) must be used together to remove root cause inefficiencies and best use the features and capabilities of your automation solutions.
At its fifth annual Zoomtopia conference, Zoom announced a wide range of innovations and upcoming products, including feature improvements for Zoom’s core videoconferencing platform; expansions for Zoom Phone and Zoom Events; and the introduction of Zoom’s Video Engagement Center.