Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
Kovair Introduces Release 10.0 of Its Product Suite, Improving Its Breadth of Integrations, Administration, and Data Migration Capabilities
The following represents the key changes in this release:
- Kovair Adapter for Microsoft Dynamics (Customer Service and Sales modules) – Kovair now supports integration between Dynamics Customer Service and Sales Modules with other applications such as ServiceNow.
- Kovair Adapter for SonarQube Cloud – This adapter enables the capture of all metrics for code checked in GitHub to get a better sense of code quality. Integration with any ALM tool allows for a 360-degree view of builds produced and related versions. All of this data is also made available in Kovair ALM Studio for further report building.
- Viewing error logs and details via UI – Kovair ALM studio now supports reviewing error details and issues from the UI. This enables quicker and easier troubleshooting than before.
- Multi-file attachment in ALM Studio – Users can now attach multiple files at once to a given record. Given that many scenarios involve complex data from multiple sources, this is a welcome addition.
- Database management from the UI – ALM Studio Site administrators can now monitor database health and take appropriate action as required using a simpler interface.
- Timesheet data exposed through Kovair Web API – Users can now access their task data and create new tasks externally through the Kovair Web API. This enables automation scenarios involving task creation to become a reality.
- Improved data migration support via Kovair QuickSync
- Kovair now supports migration of Jira Zephyr test data to Azure DevOps.
- Kovair QuickSync now supports a one-time migration from Micro Focus ALM 12.6 to Azure DevOps Cloud.
Source: Kovair ALM Studio, Accessed April 27, 2020
Today’s users demand to use best-in-class software to perform activities that enable them to reach their overall goals. Kovair has introduced a number of improvements and enhancements to address three specific areas:
- Integration – Adding support for Microsoft Dynamics and SonarQube Cloud enables additional best-in-class applications to work together. In addition, supporting timesheet data from the Kovair Web API enables an organization’s existing application suite to put task data directly into Kovair.
- Usability – Info-Tech believes that software delivers value only when it is being used and by extension is usable by as many people as possible. The quality of life changes for administration and multi-file attachments makes material improvements to an organization’s ability to gain value from their use.
- Data Migration – Data is the lifeblood of any organization, and the portability and usability of that data is not optional. Kovair’s increased migration support ensures data portability and enables users to move their data to best-in-class applications as their requirements change and evolve.
Want to Know More?
Traditional accounting practices are tailor made for waterfall project management. Organizations that have transitioned to the use of standing product teams using Agile and DevOps need to transform their accounting practices as well or they will leave valuable capital expenditure dollars on the table.
IBM is changing the terms of its ubiquitous Passport Advantage agreement to remove entitled discounts on over 5,000 on-premises software products, resulting in an immediate price increase for IBM Software & Support (S&S) across its vast customer landscape.
So you’ve gone Agile. You do daily scrums, retrospectives, and all the “right” Agile ceremonies. But still your organization isn’t quite convinced. It is now critical to balance the drivers and goals of both Agile and traditional thinking in order to achieve organizational success.
Do you feel like your Agile teams are treading water – going through the motions but never going anywhere? It’s a risk, and practices such as daily standups, retrospectives, and demonstrations need to be used wisely or you risk losing discipline to meeting fatigue.
Stakeholders expect the speed and responsiveness of product delivery does not come at the expense of quality. QA tools offer retailers the ability to continuously ensure both business and technical quality standards are upheld, but these tools should not be viewed as a silver bullet.
When trying to implement Agile as a defined process, Scrum turned BAs or other roles into order takers with the title “product owner.” This undermines the entire value proposition of product management.
No matter how good your product roadmap and backlog are, they are only as good as your audience’s ability to understand your vision and priority.
The scrum master is like the conductor of an orchestra, ensuring that every piece fits together at the right time to create something greater than the sum of the parts. You don’t have to know how to play each instrument, but you do have to understand what each part contributes to the overall masterpiece.
Tools are important to product teams, but only when they support solid people and processes.