Vendor Landscape: Mid-Market Service Desk Software
Ensure the productivity of the help desk with the right platform.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- The mid-market service desk tool landscape provides powerful functionality and advanced features suitable for large, complex IT environments.
- To select the most suitable vendor for their needs, organizations must determine if their use case includes self-service portals, custom reporting, or ITIL Pink Verification.
- As organizations increase their technical solutions to improve business functions, the need to access tools that will do more than just track incidents and service requests is a must.
- Self-serve and knowledgebase have become Table Stakes capabilities and should no longer be used to differentiate solutions. Instead focus on self-serve portals and end-user survey functionality to get the best fit for your requirements.
- Focus on self-serve that provides more than just ticket reporting and tools to enable technicians to more efficiently resolve issues.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the mid-market service desk market.
- Evaluate service desk vendors and products for your organizational needs using Info-Tech’s Mid-Market Service Desk Vendor Landscape.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
Understand the mid-market service desk market space
Understand service desk solutions, their capabilities, and cost.
Review mid-market service desk solutions
Build a shortlist of best-fit service desk tools for the mid-market.
Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.