- Service desk managers have recognized the need to integrate more applications and systems with workflows for end-to-end process efficiencies and information sharing.
- The business is requesting better self-serve features than just ticket creation and status updates, moving to a service catalog and knowledgebase for those users who are interested in solving their own issues.
- Service desk professionals are attempting to balance tool customization capabilities with ease of use.
- At a high level, the mid-market service desk solutions offer the same functionality. Look at a granular level to ensure best fit, focusing on your organization’s specific needs.
- Don’t be distracted by flashy features you won’t use. Before selecting a tool, ensure that business requirements are clearly defined and choose a tool that will support your unique user base and organizational needs.
- Ensure your tool can grow with you to support future ITSM processes or extend to other business departments if that’s in your roadmap.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the mid-market service desk space.
- Evaluate service desk vendors and products for your mid-market needs using Info-Tech’s Mid-Market Service Desk Vendor Landscape.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.