IT service management is under tremendous pressure to meet business needs. The service desk faces difficulty finding staff with the right skills, service issues like lost tickets and unclear workflows, repetitive work, and disengaged employees. There's so much do to and so little time.
Service desk improvement using automation capabilities and people management is an opportunity to empower employees and increase customer satisfaction.
Impact and Result
- Consult Info-Tech resources to understand key trends in service management.
- Use AI-facilitated technology to improve service desk operations:
- Automate IT processes and workflows with RPA.
- Discover problems and enhance root cause analysis with virtual assistants.
- Improve self-service for simple incidents and requests with chatbots.
- As technology alone does not improve service desk operations, people and process are the other two important factors:
- Adopt a shift-left strategy to reduce cost per ticket and improve customer satisfaction.
- Promote knowledge sharing to train technicians.
- Leverage incident swarming to handle critical incidents and reduce the ticket backlog.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.