IT service management is under tremendous pressure to meet business needs. The service desk faces difficulty finding staff with the right skills, service issues like lost tickets and unclear workflows, repetitive work, and disengaged employees. There's so much do to and so little time.
Service desk improvement using automation capabilities and people management is an opportunity to empower employees and increase customer satisfaction.
Impact and Result
- Consult Info-Tech resources to understand key trends in service management.
- Use AI-facilitated technology to improve service desk operations:
- Automate IT processes and workflows with RPA.
- Discover problems and enhance root cause analysis with virtual assistants.
- Improve self-service for simple incidents and requests with chatbots.
- As technology alone does not improve service desk operations, people and process are the other two important factors:
- Adopt a shift-left strategy to reduce cost per ticket and improve customer satisfaction.
- Promote knowledge sharing to train technicians.
- Leverage incident swarming to handle critical incidents and reduce the ticket backlog.