Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
ServiceNow New York is Here
ServiceNow version New York has entered General Availability. These features should delight high-maturity IT departments.
New features that were highlighted in their announcement include:
- Now Mobile: Improved mobile features for end users, including a virtual agent and an onboarding app
- Finance Operations Management: This new finance department offering has a Finance Close Automation application
- IT workflows: Added workflows and functionality for vendor management, service owner workspace, operator workspace, and SaaS license management
- Codeless custom workflows: The New York release contains an application called Guided App Creator that allows users to create their own workflows with a wizard
Source: ServiceNow Service Management, Report Published July 2019
Low-maturity IT departments will find it hard to get value from these new features. In the July 2019 SoftwareReviews report for ServiceNow Service Management, the product did not score highly in many categories despite ranking first in plan to renew (100%). For instance, it scored:
- Twelfth (12th) out of 15 products in the Quality of Features
- Ninth (9th) out of 15 in Usability and Intuitiveness
- Eleventh (11th) out of 15 for Business Value Created
These scores can partly be attributed to the level of maturity required to realize benefits from ServiceNow’s features. Before you can use a virtual agent, deploy an onboarding app, or have cross-functional applications, IT must have:
- Defined, documented, and adhered-to IT processes
- A high-quality user-facing knowledgebase
- Cross-functional workflows for cross-functional requests such as onboarding
- High-quality data within ServiceNow
- A well-functioning CMDB
Too many of our clients simply do not have the process maturity for taking advantage of these new features. The ones that do have high process maturity, though, will be able to innovate with these new ServiceNow capabilities.
Want to Know More?
Morpheus Leads the Shift from Cloud Management Platform to Hybrid Cloud Application Orchestration with Its 5.0 Release
The Morpheus cloud management platform (CMP) has moved beyond its original focus on DevOps automation and self-service. Morpheus provides a management control plane to enable users to deploy workloads anywhere. Such a control plane is the way of the future for managing complex enterprise technology stacks.
By exploiting a five-year-old configuration error, a hacker was able to access Amazon’s S3 cloud storage buckets on which Twilio’s code was loaded. As a result, customers were able to unknowingly download the modified code for twenty-four hours.
Qualys VMDR and Ivanti have announced a new partnership dedicated to improving the detection and patching of vulnerabilities. Announced July 30, the Qualys and Ivanti Partnership have already gone live as an integrated component of the VMDR solution.
IBM is changing the terms of its ubiquitous Passport Advantage agreement to remove entitled discounts on over 5,000 on-premises software products, resulting in an immediate price increase for IBM Software & Support (S&S) across its vast customer landscape.
RiskSense announced on July 13 its new version of the cloud-delivered RiskSense risk management platform. The main draw of the program is its holistic risk calculation across CVEs and CWEs.
Cyberthreats are omnipresent for any enterprise. Monitoring ingress and egress points while still conducting business is a balance security professionals attempt to strike. Couple this with the continued security issues around remote work during the pandemic, and security teams have their hands full.
Navigating the vendor risk management space, particularly in the current environment that consists of a mix of cloud, managed services, and critical supply chain, is key to ensuring that you don’t inadvertently introduce new risks through this dynamic channel.
On May 26, Kenna Security released its new Prioritization to Prediction Benchmark Survey. This free tool provides organizations with the ability to compare their vulnerability management programs to industry averages Kenna Security has compiled over the years.
LogicGate is a governance, risk and compliance automation platform offered by LogicGate Inc., headquartered in Chicago, that helps organizations to automate their risk processes.