Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
Oprah, Reese Witherspoon, and Video Games: Coming to a Corporate-Owned Apple Device Near You
Several new consumer services were announced at the Apple Event on March 25, 2019. How will you approach these offerings on corporate-owned Apple devices?
At the Apple Event, Tim Cook and team announced these new services:
- Apple News+: mobile device-based newspaper and magazine reading in the US and Canada (En/Fr)
- Apple Card and Apple Cash: an iPhone-based credit card and checking account, respectively, that is accepted wherever Apple Pay is accepted (coming this summer to the US)
- Apple Arcade: a game subscription service for iOS, Macs, and Apple TV (coming worldwide this fall)
- Apple TV Channels: an ad-free television and movie service with an improved Siri integration and recommendation engine (available in May on select Smart TVs, Roku, fireTV, iOS, Apple TV, and Macs)
- Apple TV+: an ad-free subscription service of Apple-produced TV shows (coming this fall)
“This really opens a whole new world of disruption for enterprise IT – BYOE (entertainment) – and it will be as disruptive as BYOD was in 2010.”
– Mark Tauschek, VP Research (Infrastructure & Operations), Info-Tech Research Group
These services are consumer services. Enterprise IT needs to care because people will want to access these services on your networks and with your devices. You need to start considering answers to these policy questions:
- Can users subscribe to Apple News+, Apple Arcade, and Apple TV+ on their corporate-issued devices?
- Can people use Apple Pay, Card, and Cash on corporate-issued iPhones?
- How will people be able to use their personal Apple services on corporate-issued devices?
- How much space and network capacity can be used for downloaded magazines, games, tv shows, and movies?
- How much corporate-provided cellular service can be used on these services?
An answer of “no” and “none” will not suffice. People want to only carry one device with them – let them use these services, even if it means budgeting more on cellular data.
Want to Know More?
Enterprise Connect is North America’s premier conference for advances in communications, collaboration, and customer experience technologies. In this note, Thomas Randall provides his trends and keynote highlights for Enterprise Connect 2021, held September 27 to 29.
On October 6, 2021, Front briefed Info-Tech on their latest product functionality and roadmap, alongside their growth in the EMEA region. Front – a unified customer experience platform provider – offers a centralized communications hub that enables the fluid interchange of information for both internal and external communications.
On October 8, 2021, BlueJeans by Verizon announced their “Next-Generation BlueJeans” suite and partnership with Google Glass. The Next-Generation suite ties BlueJeans Meetings to two new products: BlueJeans Spaces and BlueJeans Collab Board.
Vijay Sundaram, Chief Strategy Officer at Zoho, describes a major release of new apps and services focused on enabling hybrid work.
Automation is not a silver bullet solution to your workforce productivity challenges. Optimization and automation (optimation) must be used together to remove root cause inefficiencies and best use the features and capabilities of your automation solutions.
At its fifth annual Zoomtopia conference, Zoom announced a wide range of innovations and upcoming products, including feature improvements for Zoom’s core videoconferencing platform; expansions for Zoom Phone and Zoom Events; and the introduction of Zoom’s Video Engagement Center.
Five9’s CX Summit for 2021 hosted events and interactive sessions that explored best practices for using Five9 as well as an outline of Five9’s roadmap for the coming year. Of special focus was Five9’s projected investments in voice technologies for the contact center.
John Aniano, Senior Vice President of Product in CRM applications at Zendesk, sat down with Info-Tech to discuss the current state of the contact center as a service (CCaaS) market space and Zendesk’s position in that space.
On August 24, 2021, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise briefed its Q2 performance for FY21. Q2 saw positive revenue growth of 11.4% YoY, delivering 20% against the previous year.