- Chris Burford, 1199SEIU National Benefit Fund
- Jessica Keyes, President, New Art Technologies Inc.
- Udo Waibel, CTO, FrontRange Solutions
- Most organizations realize the value of enterprise mobility, but want an approach that takes advantage of new technologies, while minimizing security threats, costs, and service desk headaches.
- IT managers are often forced to adapt their strategy on the run according to the whims of the organization and to keep up with evolving trends in mobile technology. The result is an ad hoc approach that lacks a clear direction.
- A hybrid strategy can allow you to focus on security for users accessing sensitive information, offer choice to those who will benefit the most from it, and save money with users that only require basic apps.
- Implement an EMM platform to serve as your primary defense against security threats arising from mobilization no matter which provisioning models you choose to deploy.
- Be mindful of hidden costs, such as those associated with supporting multiple devices.
Impact and Result
- Leverage the powerful potential of mobile to generate enterprise growth with a strategy that builds a direct path to your mobility goals.
- Navigate the most common challenges that constrain mobile, such as costs, security risks, help desk workloads, and productivity concerns with confidence.
- Possess a vision for how mobility will transform your organization in the future – including where it can be expanded, limited, and retooled – and execute a plan for implementing the mobile strategy that will take you there.
Start here – read the Executive Brief
Read our concise Executive Brief to find out why you should choose and implement a mobile strategy, review Info-Tech’s methodology, and understand the four ways we can support you in completing this project.
1. Assess the current role of mobility in the organization
Establish a baseline by evaluating the current strategy and understanding the mobile requirements of different user groups within your organization.
2. Identify goals and craft the mobile strategy
Create a future vision for mobility in your organization and produce a business case to communicate your mobility vision to management.
3. Develop initiatives and finalize the mobile strategy
Craft a plan to implement the mobile strategy by creating a roadmap that outlines provisioning models, devices, management, training, and support.
This guided implementation is a nine call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Assess the current role of mobility in the organization
Call #1 - Identify user personas
Call #2 - Conduct current-state assessment
Call #3 - Identify pain points of current approach to mobility
Guided Implementation #2 - Identify goals and craft the mobile strategy
Call #1 - Identify enterprise mobility goals
Call #2 - Determine provisioning model mix and device choice
Call #3 - Complete the Mobility Vision & Business Case
Guided Implementation #3 - Develop initiatives and finalize the mobile strategy
Call #1 - Brainstorm mobile initiatives
Call #2 - Construct a mobile strategy roadmap
Call #3 - Finalize and publish the mobile strategy
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Assess the Current Role of Mobility in the Organization
- Conduct a current-state assessment.
- Identify pain points of the current approach to mobility.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A breakdown and analysis of the current mobile strategy
Identify user personas
- Current-state description and cost breakdown
Conduct current-state assessment
Calculate the total cost of ownership
Insert mobility module into end-user survey
- Updated end-user surveys
Identify pain points
- Pain points list
Module 2: Identify Goals and Craft the Mobile Strategy
- Identify enterprise mobility goals.
- Determine provisioning model mix and choose devices.
- Complete the Mobility Vision & Business Case.
Key Benefits Achieved
A business case that articulates your vision for enterprise mobility
Identify enterprise mobility goals.
- List of mobility goals
Determine provisioning model mix.
- Completed Mobility Vision & Business Case Template
Determine the future state and calculate the TCO for alternative approaches.
Finalize and communicate the organization’s strategic vision for mobility.
Module 3: Develop Initiatives and Finalize the Mobile Strategy
- Brainstorm mobile initiatives.
- Construct a mobile strategy roadmap.
- Finalize and publish the mobile strategy.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A comprehensive mobile strategy and roadmap, encompassing provisioning models, devices, management, training, and support.
Brainstorm mobile initiatives.
- List of specific initiatives and milestones for each project phase
Construct a mobile strategy roadmap.
- Complete comprehensive project roadmap
Finalize and publish the mobile strategy.
- Published mobile strategy and a plan to execute it