Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
Microsoft Announces New Ways to Empower Firstline Workers With Office 365
On January 9, 2020, Microsoft announced new ways to empower firstline workers using Office 365. Key takeaways include:
- Walkie Talkie in Teams: Enables instant and secure voice communication over the cloud, reducing the number of devices firstline workers must carry.
- Tasks in Teams: Task lists can be targeted to specific locations, from which leadership can track progress with real-time reports.
- Workforce Management Integrations: Workforce management systems can now begin integrating with Shifts via Shifts Graph APIs and SDK.
- SMS Sign-In: Firstline workers will be able to sign into their Azure AD account using one-time SMS codes, reducing need for usernames and passwords.
- Shared Device Sign-Out: Firstline workers will be able to log out of all Office 365 applications with one click at the end of their shift.
- Off-Shift Access Controls for Teams App: Teams can be configured to limit employees’ access to their app outside of working hours.
- Delegated User Management: Employees can be enabled to use their phone numbers for SMS sign-in via a portal for firstline managers.
- Inbound Provisioning from SAP SuccessFactors to Azure: Azure AD now integrates with SAP SuccessFactors, enabling onboarding and managing of firstline workers’ identities at scale.
Source: Microsoft Teams Scorecard at SoftwareReviews. Accessed January 13, 2020.
Microsoft continues their investment and support into their Teams offering. In this instance, making Teams appealing to firstline workers shows how central this app is becoming to Microsoft’s Office 365 suite. Teams is no longer merely an instant messaging or web conferencing app. Its broad and growing range of capabilities can be applied to different use cases.
Yet the danger of being too broad in capabilities is that Microsoft Teams will suffer reduced specialization in certain areas. However, establishing a stronghold with firstline workers clearly demonstrates Teams’ usefulness beyond the scope of an office’s four walls. Of course, it is likely that the Walkie Talkie capability will be enjoyed just as much within those walls as outside of them.
Want to Know More?
IBM is changing the terms of its ubiquitous Passport Advantage agreement to remove entitled discounts on over 5,000 on-premises software products, resulting in an immediate price increase for IBM Software & Support (S&S) across its vast customer landscape.
Google has announced several updates to its G-Suite offering, which aims to heavily integrate and better secure its teamwork applications. The move represents a clear attempt by Google to directly compete with Microsoft’s office productivity suite, with several of the G-Suite updates mirroring the logical architecture of Office 365.
As of July 1, 2020, over 70,000 small business users receiving their Microsoft 365 services from Navisite will now receive them from Intermedia. The move means that Navisite’s users now have access to a range of Intermedia offerings, including Unite, Contact Center, and AnyMeeting.
NEC customers now have access to a new set of cloud-based communications and collaboration solutions through NEC’s partnership with Intermedia, a cloud communications provider. Primarily aimed at SMEs, this new set of solutions is titled UNIVERGE BLUE.
Thinking about choosing a new software vendor but don't know where to start? Narrow down your shortlist by focusing on software that has received an Info-Tech Research Group award. New data from SoftwareReviews shows that organizations reported higher satisfaction when they switched to software that had received an Info-Tech award.
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise has released a series of updates for their UCaaS offering, Rainbow. These updates cover aesthetics, video conferencing, and time management.
COVID-19 has not only initiated emergency remote work – it has also forced organizations to gaze into the looming economic abyss because of the pandemic lockdowns. In this climate, organizations should look in-house to see what communication and collaboration tools can be leveraged to optimize remote work. This note explores how organizations with Office 365 licenses can leverage Microsoft Teams as their collaboration hub.
Adoption is one of the biggest challenges that organizations deal with when implementing commercial project management tools. Amid a global pandemic, this challenge has only been exasperated with many working from home.
The impact of COVID-19, as it became a global pandemic in Q1 of 2020, has affected user sentiment toward software during a growing period of fear, uncertainty, and doubt. To analyze the impact, SoftwareReviews compared Satisfaction (willingness to recommend to a peer), ability to deliver Business Value (fair cost to value), and Likeliness to Renew prior to March 10 and post March 10.