Comprehensive Software Reviews to make better IT decisions
Microsoft Announces New Ways to Empower Firstline Workers With Office 365
On January 9, 2020, Microsoft announced new ways to empower firstline workers using Office 365. Key takeaways include:
- Walkie Talkie in Teams: Enables instant and secure voice communication over the cloud, reducing the number of devices firstline workers must carry.
- Tasks in Teams: Task lists can be targeted to specific locations, from which leadership can track progress with real-time reports.
- Workforce Management Integrations: Workforce management systems can now begin integrating with Shifts via Shifts Graph APIs and SDK.
- SMS Sign-In: Firstline workers will be able to sign into their Azure AD account using one-time SMS codes, reducing need for usernames and passwords.
- Shared Device Sign-Out: Firstline workers will be able to log out of all Office 365 applications with one click at the end of their shift.
- Off-Shift Access Controls for Teams App: Teams can be configured to limit employees’ access to their app outside of working hours.
- Delegated User Management: Employees can be enabled to use their phone numbers for SMS sign-in via a portal for firstline managers.
- Inbound Provisioning from SAP SuccessFactors to Azure: Azure AD now integrates with SAP SuccessFactors, enabling onboarding and managing of firstline workers’ identities at scale.
Source: Microsoft Teams Scorecard at SoftwareReviews. Accessed January 13, 2020.
Microsoft continues their investment and support into their Teams offering. In this instance, making Teams appealing to firstline workers shows how central this app is becoming to Microsoft’s Office 365 suite. Teams is no longer merely an instant messaging or web conferencing app. Its broad and growing range of capabilities can be applied to different use cases.
Yet the danger of being too broad in capabilities is that Microsoft Teams will suffer reduced specialization in certain areas. However, establishing a stronghold with firstline workers clearly demonstrates Teams’ usefulness beyond the scope of an office’s four walls. Of course, it is likely that the Walkie Talkie capability will be enjoyed just as much within those walls as outside of them.
Want to Know More?
BizDevOps transforms product delivery into a team sport that is centered around collaborative and collective ownership of delivery using the best of Agile and Lean development methods.
Microsoft announces the addition of a new plan and changes to its Firstline Worker plans. The new M365 plan will slot in below the current Firstline Worker plan.
Instant Messaging During the Pandemic: How to Embrace Your Collaboration Tools Without Over Doing It
All types of collaboration tools have become essential in the wake of COVID-19 and the mass shift to work from home, but some, like instant messaging, present challenges. Managers should work with their teams to set guidelines on how to make the most of remote communication without disrupting productivity.
The categorization of Sars-CoV-2 (Coronavirus) as a global pandemic is turbo-charging traditional health care firms’ efforts toward the provisioning of digital and virtual healthcare in an attempt to treat the masses while minimizing risk to the limited pool of care providers.
In this note, I outline some general best practices to maintain effective collaboration during the COVID-19 outbreak – from collaborating in the office to working remotely.
Avaya has enhanced the capabilities of its cloud meeting and team collaboration app, Avaya Spaces.
In this third brief of four on Cisco’s January launch of upcoming collaboration solutions in 2020, I look at Cisco’s new hardware Webex Room USB.
In this second brief of four on Cisco’s January launch of upcoming collaboration solutions in 2020, I look at Cisco’s expansion of its data residency policies for Webex Teams.
Slack has just landed IBM as its largest customer with over 350,000 users. This announcement demonstrates that Slack is not going to take the onslaught by Microsoft’s Teams product lying down.