Comprehensive Software Reviews to make better IT decisions
Docebo 7.7 Includes Eight New Features and Upgrades
Docebo’s latest product release, Docebo 7.7, increases personalization for enterprise learning and brand identity. The release also includes improved automated content suggestions through its artificial intelligence and course enrollment based on personalized learning paths. The main features of this update include:
- Improved AI Suggestions for:
- Admins: Docebo’s AI generates a list of suggested learners during enrollment.
- Managers: Suggestions on next courses for their team allows them to shape the learning path of their team.
- Learners: Those using Coach & Share will receive content suggestions based on what their peers contributed to the platform
- Mobile App Publisher: Organizations can create a branded version of the Go.Learn mobile app and offer it via their own Apple App or Google Play Store without hiring a third-party developer.
- Course Management Function: Admins can divide up manual work amongst different admins, do mass enrollment, and design learning plans or catalogs to sell content.
- Observation Checklist: This productivity tool configures learning and compliance progress or job-related tasks into a checklist format. Items can be triggered by events or time-based schedule.
- DoceLab: Admins can test out these new features without risk of production data loss to see if the features work for their organization and provide feedback.
- Docebo Pages Limit Increase: The total number of built-in, widget, and external page links has been increased to 1,000.
- DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Support: This feature authenticates your learning platform domain so that emails will not end up in users’ junk folder.
- LinkedIn Learning Integration: This offers the ability to filter content by language and to configure how imported courses are played: new window, Docebo course player, or LinkedIN Learning portal.
- Wire Transfers: Learning content purchases can be processed without a payment gateway to increase the number of supported means of payment. Users are able to pay via bank transaction, removing online payment restrictions.
This release continues a lot of new and updated features. The increase in AI functionality is a bid to compete with learning experience platforms. More LMS platforms will be looking to improve their algorithms and machine learning to remain competitive in the market place.
The ability to create a branded app is one of the first to market. This is a key differentiator for those looking to offer their content externally. More vendors will likely offer this in the future as organizations shift towards learner’s preference for mobile learning.
Source: Docebo LMS at Software Reviews, Report Published January 2019
Pearson released the results of its Global Learning Survey. This is the first time that Pearson has undertaken such a study to capture the opinions of 11,000 learners across 19 countries. The study uncovered eight key trends indicating a shift to life-long, learner driven education.
Blackboard has announced its partnership with Amazon’s Alexa to launch a new Skill for its flagship learning management system (LMS), Blackboard Learn. Learners (and their parents) will be able to get information about their profile and coursework simply by asking Alexa.
Absorb LMS has acquired Tampa-based eLogic Learning LMS. This is the second acquisition in its aggressive acquisition growth strategy, following its acquisition of Torch LMS in May.
TalentLMS 4.0 features several new features along with an improved user interface. While none of the new features are game changers, they are marginal improvements that TalentLMS users and administrators will enjoy.
iSpring has released an update that includes three major improvements to its Learn LMS platform. These updates are focused on making the role of admin easier and to cut down on the amount of time spent managing content and user lists.
SumTotal 19.2 is its second release of 2019 and solidifies its focus on creating an end-to-end talent development solution. Its new SumTotal Intelligent Assistant (SIA) is the highlight of the update, providing users the ability to translate web searches and internet content into relevant training content within the SumTotal LMS.
Absorb LMS has acquired Utah-based Torch LMS. This acquisition is the first in its acquisition growth strategy, financed through its Silversmith Capital Partners investment.
eLogic Learning claims to be taking the lead in mobile support by releasing its iOS app. However, offering a mobile experience has been table stakes in the industry for quite some time.
Adobe Captivate Prime Introduces Gamification for User-Generated Content and a New Manager Compliance Dashboard
Recently, Adobe Captivate Prime released an update that is more than just tweaking the interface. The latest update introduces social tools, gamification, and user-generated content tools as well as improvements to compliance monitoring.