CIO updates to the CEO are often ineffective due to:
- Lack of a rigorous plan for how to deliver updates to the CEO.
- Poor understanding of CEO expectations.
- Inconsistent reporting and communication style, leading to gaps in understanding and alignment.
- The best report can be tailored when the CIO is aware of the CEO’s expectations with a minimal alignment gap.
- Focus on the crucial initiatives and use the proper metrics to ensure that you meet your CEO’s expectations.
- Don’t start from scratch: the PowerPoint deck should be a living document that is easy to customize for every update meeting with the CEO.
- The report itself is only half of the story. How it is delivered verbally also plays a substantial part.
Impact and Result
When you complete this project, you will have:
- A better understanding of your relationship with your CEO and their expectations.
- A living communication document made with a template to assist in better presenting to your CEO.
- A defined guideline on how to deliver a captivating presentation to achieve your desired objectives.