Hire or Develop a World-Class CISO
Find a strategic and security-focused champion for your business.
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Without a world-class CISO, your organization can suffer from:
- Wasted resources (human and financial)
- Disconnect between information security priorities and the overall business
- Vulnerabilities and delays in implementing new business processes
- Increased downtime and financial loss following a security incident
A world-class, strategic CISO can provide the following benefits:
- Competitive business advantage through the secure implementation of innovative new business processes
- Improved security posture through improved alignment between security and the organization
- More efficient use of people and resources
- Better communication between CISO and executives / stakeholders
- More proactive and streamlined approach to security
Book Your Workshop
Onsite Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn’t enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our Project Workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a road map in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Assess Core Competencies and Security Process & Technology Maturity
- Understand the competencies and tasks required of a world-class Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and which areas should be a priority for your organization.
- Create a high-altitude view of your security process and technology maturity.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Identify the competencies that are most important to your organizational needs.
- Understand current maturity of security processes and technologies, and which areas need remediation.
|1.1||CISO Core Competency Evaluation Tool||
|1.2||Security Process and Technology Maturity Assessment Tool||
|1.3||CISO Stakeholder Power Map Template||
|1.4||Security Governance Organizational Structure Template||
Module 2: Assess CISO Candidates and Develop a Hiring and Development Strategy for Your New CISO
- Create a plan to hire the new CISO.
- Establish an action plan for this person to remediate organizational security processes and technologies, as well as personal competencies and relationships.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Guide for the CEO/CXO to hire the new CISO and assess personal competencies.
- Plan to remediate the CISO’s personal competency gaps.
- Plan to cultivate CISO’s key stakeholder relationships.
- Plan to remediate security process and technology gaps.
|2.1||CISO Core Competency Evaluation Tool||
|2.2||CISO Stakeholder Management Strategy Template||
|2.3||Security Process and Technology Maturity Assessment Tool||
|2.4||CISO Development Plan Template||