- Vendors do contract negotiations for a living, but IT leaders are generally inexperienced at the process.
- IT leaders are unaware of what their negotiation options are and often miss red flags or negotiable areas in contracts.
- Vendors use a variety of sales tactics that may seem to provide value but typically require better introspection into process and strategy first.
- Don’t negotiate solely based on price. ITSM tools have progressed far beyond table stakes to have one-dimensional negotiations. Be rigorous with your requirements gathering before approaching your vendor for negotiation.
Impact and Result
- Knowledge of ITSM licensing secrets that can readily applied to contract negotiation.
- Improved knowledge of contract negotiation tactics.
- IT leaders can expect to get the licensing agreement that’s the best fit for their organization.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.