- Time and money are wasted dealing with mistakes or missteps that should have been addressed by procedures or policies.
- Standard operating procedures are less effective without a policy to provide a clear mandate and direction.
- Adhering to policies is rarely a priority, as compliance often feels like an impediment to getting work done.
- Processes aren’t measured or audited to assess policy compliance, which makes enforcing the policies next to impossible.
- Document what you need to document and forget the rest. Always check to see if you can use a previously approved policy before you create a new one. You may only need to create new guidelines or standards rather than approve a new policy.
Impact and Result
- Start with a comprehensive policy framework to help you identify policy gaps. Prioritize and address those policy gaps.
- Create effective policies that are reasonable, measurable, auditable, and enforceable.
- Create and document procedures to support policy changes.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.