- Selection takes forever. Traditional software selection drags on for years, sometimes in perpetuity.
- IT is viewed as a bottleneck and the business has taken control of software selection.
- “Gut feel” decisions rule the day. Intuition, not hard data, guides selection, leading to poor outcomes.
- Negotiations are a losing battle. Money is left on the table by inexperienced negotiators.
- Overall: Poor selection processes lead to wasted time, wasted effort, and applications that continually disappoint.
- Adopt a formal methodology to accelerate and improve software selection results.
- Improve business satisfaction by including the right stakeholders and delivering new applications on a truly timely basis.
- Kill the “sacred cow” requirements that only exist because “it’s how we’ve always done it.”
- Forget about “RFP” overload and hone in on the features that matter to your organization.
- Skip the guesswork and validate decisions with real data.
- Take control of vendor “dog and pony shows” with single-day, high-value, low-effort, rapid-fire investigative interviews.
- Master vendor negotiations and never leave money on the table.
Impact and Result
- Improving software selection is a critical project that will deliver huge value.
- Hit a home run with your business stakeholders: use a data-driven approach to select the right application vendor for their needs – fast.
- Shatter stakeholder expectations with truly rapid application selections.
- Boost collaboration and crush the broken telephone with concise and effective stakeholder meetings.
- Lock in hard savings and do not pay list price by using data-driven tactics.
This content is exclusive to members.
Get instant access by signing up!