Comprehensive Software Reviews to make better IT decisions
Sprinklr Moves Towards Broader Digital Engagement
Sprinklr is a popular vendor for enterprise-grade social media management. Founded in 2009, the firm has become an entrenched player in the social media management platform (SMMP) space due to its robust functionality and breadth of its partner ecosystem.
SMMPs such as Sprinklr provide capabilities for social media listening and analytics, social account management, and compliance. The market for social media management tools is projected to grow to over US$20 billion by 2025.
Sprinklr has been on the forefront of this explosive growth, as its clients look to create compelling experiences through social channels and glean insights from the wealth of data available on social media networks. However, Sprinklr is now looking to expand beyond its roots in social and has set its eyes on broader digital engagement – a significantly larger market.
To accomplish this vision, the Sprinklr team is building out more robust capabilities for cross-channel content management, collaboration workflows, channel-agnostic analytics, and customer care functionality.
While Sprinklr’s expanded functionality may be compelling for small to mid-market organizations looking for basic marketing and customer care functionality, the solution is still best suited to social media listening and engagement. In executing against a broader marketing enablement vision, Sprinklr will find itself going against a variety of headwinds:
- The market for “digital experience platforms” is sprawling, ill-defined, and fragmented. By branding itself as a broader digital experience platform rather than a social media pure-play, Sprinklr will now have to position itself against a wide variety of players that are staking similar claims. These competitors are from a diverse range of backgrounds, from traditional web content management solutions to CRM vendors.
- If Sprinklr wants to make serious inroads in broader digital marketing, it will have to go head-to-head with much larger firms with much deeper pockets, such as Salesforce and Adobe.
Sprinklr remains a market leader in the social media space and can be a crucial component of a well-oiled customer experience portfolio for those organizations that have deep requirements for social media listening and engagement. Whether Sprinklr will be able to successfully cross the chasm to be a one-stop shop for all digital engagement remains to be seen.
- Sprinklr is a well-established market leader in the social media management space – a strong option for organizations that need robust social media capabilities.
- Sprinklr has articulated a vision to move into broader digital experience and marketing orchestration.
- This move puts Sprinklr in competition with a much wider arena of players – it remains to be seen if it will be able to become a major player outside its social roots.