Comprehensive Software Reviews to make better IT decisions
ServiceNow Extends Delivery Collaboration With New York Release
ServiceNow’s New York release extends the visibility, transparency, and collaboration capabilities today’s Agile and DevOps teams need.
Notable enhancements include:
- Guided App Creator – Create applications with guided, no-code support.
- IntegrationHub – Build integrations with introspection APIs and leverage pre-built integrations to extend Now Platform’s reach.
- Automated Test Framework Enhancements – Recent updates to this framework include enabling users to test an attachment-dependent business rule by uploading an attachment either from a form or from a server-side API call and executing multiple tests and test suites in parallel, as well as updates to automated test steps templates.
- Remote Tables – Query and retrieve data in third-party systems to view in ServiceNow through scripts.
- Performance Analytics – Visualize the customer experience and product health through personalized dashboards of key elements and domains. Proactively recognize patterns and trends of recent issues with predictive intelligence.
These updates are critical to maintain a presence in a highly competitive application lifecycle management (ALM) marketplace. Much of the new and enhanced features are contained within the product’s strengths. As other ALM vendors continue to merge and acquire vendors who address their product gaps, ServiceNow will need to find new avenues to differentiate itself in the market. Unfortunately, it will not be long until these updates become table stakes.
While ServiceNow maintains a strong position in the IT service management and asset management space, its users are looking for more ways to extend their tooling ROI into other areas of product delivery. ServiceNow’s strategy includes establishing and strengthening partnerships with third-party vendors to cover the gaps within its Now Platform. However, many small IT teams do not have the budget to invest in supplementary tools. The industry is getting closer to see how ServiceNow, and its competitors, will balance their new updates and releases with out-of-the-box integrations and partnerships so that users can truly have end-to-end collaboration.
Want to Know More?
Source: SoftwareReviews Application Lifecycle Management Data Quadrant, Report Published May 23, 2019
ALM Works’ Structure.Gantt extends Jira’s and Structure’s data to better manage timelines, dependencies, and resources.
In order to combat technical challenges with accessing requirements, Visure has released a new web-based interface for reviewing requirements.
Visionera’s VisionFlow provides a centralized platform to develop, maintain, and support applications and products through CRM- and service-management-oriented approaches. It supports Agile, waterfall, and hybrid development methodologies.
When teams are refining their product backlog, the focus is usually around new features (functional requirements) and sometimes technical debt. Yet when it comes to user frustration and organizational risk, non-functional requirements (NFRs) can be far more important.
Your blog is more than a place to advertise new features, it’s an opportunity to provide real value to your target audience. Value builds trust, and trust leads to sales.
Resource planning, time tracking, and financial management remain core delivery capabilities, whether the organization is operating in an Agile or Waterfall environment. Tempo brings key project management capabilities to delivery teams leveraging Atlassian Jira for work management.
Ranorex Studio provides QA teams with a framework to implement, manage, and orchestrate automated testing. Release 9.1 enhances the testing experience with improved integrations, monitoring features, and scripting capabilities.
Visure Requirements is a requirements definition and management (RDM) solution specifically designed to provide integral support for the requirements lifecycle.
TPG Capital announced Sept. 4 that it acquired CollabNet VersionOne from Vector Capital.