Comprehensive Software Reviews to make better IT decisions
Meditech Expanding EHR Feature-Sets Internationally
Meditech, an American electronic health record (EHR) vendor, has released its Fall Risk Management Toolkit for customers in the Canadian marketplace.
- The Fall Risk Management Toolkit is part of Meditech’s broader EHR suite. The toolkit provides functionality for identifying and managing fall risk patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Best practices from the Canadian Patient Safety Institute are now included in the Fall Risk Management Toolkit.
- Meditech is one of the few vendors offering a homegrown fall risk tool. Fall risk management systems are typically offered as standalone products that need to integrate with the EHR via APIs (application programming interfaces). Source: Meditech at SoftwareReviews, Accessed August 2019
- While the expansion of the Fall Risk Toolkit is a boon for Canadian customers, a noteworthy implication stems from Mediticech’s decision to allocate resources to expanding EHR functionality for international markets. EHR vendors in the United States are struggling to compete with Cerner and Epic’s near duopoly of the EHR marketplace. Therefore, EHR vendors have begun to take aim at the international markets.
- Expanding focus beyond the United States has already paid dividends for Meditech. In Canada, the vendor secured an EHR deal with the Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, and in England Meditech was accepted as an Accredited EHR supplier for the NHS (National Health Service).
- Historically, EHR vendors focused on domestic growth as navigating regulation across a variety of geographies is a complex undertaking. We expect to see growth in the number of players servicing the global EHR market as vendors become tired of competing with Cerner and Epic and take notice of Meditech’s success outside of the America.
Want to Know More?
eClinicalWorks has developed an Open Interoperability standard (EOI) that leverages FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) to exchange health data.
eClinicalWorks has been selected to replace a legacy, in-house developed EHR across more than 200 practices that are part of the Advocare health network.
Agiloft has developed an integration with major electronic healthcare record vendor Epic Systems. The University of Miami Health System (UHealth) is the first institution to capitalize on Agiloft’s process orchestration coupled with Epic’s healthcare management capabilities.
NextGen created Yourhealthfile.com, which aspires to be an effective communication tool to improve the patient-provider experience.
Electronic health record (EHR) provider Practice Fusion has partnered with Veradigm, a healthcare data services provider, to automate administrative tasks in clinics.
Cerner, a major electronic health record vendor, has named Amazon Web Services its preferred cloud provider.
Cerner, a major electronic health record (EHR) vendor, has announced an initiative to encourage developers to build EHR-focused apps using its platform.
Quest Software’s new add-on module, Toad for Oracle Standard Data Protection (SDP), automates the detection and remediation of potential violations of data privacy regulations such as GDPR, HIPAA, and PCI.
Epic EHR Is Opening Its App Orchard to American Well to Meet Demand for More Telehealth Technologies
Telehealth leverages video conferencing technology to link patients to providers. American Well is a leading provider of telehealth technology services and is now working with the Epic EHR platform to create one-click point-of-care access to connect patients and providers.