Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
Maintain Software Delivery Compliance With codeBeamer ALM
Intland Software’s codeBeamer ALM provides out-of-the-box complaint templates for organizations developing software in the automotive, medical, aviation and defense, and life sciences & pharma industries. This notable differentiator allows teams to deliver changes and new features with confidence because the decisions made within the requirements intake and management, design, delivery, testing, and deployment stages of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) meet regulatory standards.
Source: SoftwareReviews, Accessed January 31, 2020
codeBeamer ALM can be purchased as individual modules (requirements management, software development, and testing and QA) or as a complete suite. Similar to other ALM vendors, codeBeamer ALM enables software delivery teams to:
- Manage requirements as they progress through the SDLC and provide end-to-end traceability.
- Coordinate and collaborate development work items with visual workflows and dashboards among multiple teams.
- Plan, build, and monitor testing activities to ensure code, builds, and releases meet delivery expectations.
- Integrate with third-party proprietary and open-source tools to enable customized deployment pipelines for continuous integration and delivery.
The recent release of codeBeamer ALM 9.5 focuses on improving its project and item management and integration capabilities, such as:
- The value of computed fields may be updated real-time. When an item that a formula depends on is updated, users will see up-to-date data on their artifacts.
- Import projects with cross-projects references.
- Automate the creation and updating of referring items via workflow actions.
- Access work item histories and versions with the Swagger API.
- codeBeamer ALM now handles AWS Elastic Beanstalk, easing environment provisioning.
codeBeamer ALM is an attractive option for organizations looking for software delivery tools outside the traditional, big-box players, such as Microsoft and Micro Focus. The out-of-the-box complaint templates ease organizations in heavily regulated industries into the adoption of ALM capabilities. Intland’s growing integration partners further empowers delivery teams to adopt the tools they need to successfully deliver value.
Want to Know More?
IBM is changing the terms of its ubiquitous Passport Advantage agreement to remove entitled discounts on over 5,000 on-premises software products, resulting in an immediate price increase for IBM Software & Support (S&S) across its vast customer landscape.
So you’ve gone Agile. You do daily scrums, retrospectives, and all the “right” Agile ceremonies. But still your organization isn’t quite convinced. It is now critical to balance the drivers and goals of both Agile and traditional thinking in order to achieve organizational success.
Do you feel like your Agile teams are treading water – going through the motions but never going anywhere? It’s a risk, and practices such as daily standups, retrospectives, and demonstrations need to be used wisely or you risk losing discipline to meeting fatigue.
Stakeholders expect the speed and responsiveness of product delivery does not come at the expense of quality. QA tools offer retailers the ability to continuously ensure both business and technical quality standards are upheld, but these tools should not be viewed as a silver bullet.
No matter how good your product roadmap and backlog are, they are only as good as your audience’s ability to understand your vision and priority.
The scrum master is like the conductor of an orchestra, ensuring that every piece fits together at the right time to create something greater than the sum of the parts. You don’t have to know how to play each instrument, but you do have to understand what each part contributes to the overall masterpiece.
Tools are important to product teams, but only when they support solid people and processes.
Aha! introduces scenario planning to give product owners the ability to create and compare multiple release approaches based on team capacity and backlog priority.
If an image is worth a thousand words, a visual roadmap will save you a thousand hours.