Comprehensive Software Reviews to make better IT decisions
Maintain Software Delivery Compliance With codeBeamer ALM
Intland Software’s codeBeamer ALM provides out-of-the-box complaint templates for organizations developing software in the automotive, medical, aviation and defense, and life sciences & pharma industries. This notable differentiator allows teams to deliver changes and new features with confidence because the decisions made within the requirements intake and management, design, delivery, testing, and deployment stages of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) meet regulatory standards.
Source: SoftwareReviews, Accessed January 31, 2020
codeBeamer ALM can be purchased as individual modules (requirements management, software development, and testing and QA) or as a complete suite. Similar to other ALM vendors, codeBeamer ALM enables software delivery teams to:
- Manage requirements as they progress through the SDLC and provide end-to-end traceability.
- Coordinate and collaborate development work items with visual workflows and dashboards among multiple teams.
- Plan, build, and monitor testing activities to ensure code, builds, and releases meet delivery expectations.
- Integrate with third-party proprietary and open-source tools to enable customized deployment pipelines for continuous integration and delivery.
The recent release of codeBeamer ALM 9.5 focuses on improving its project and item management and integration capabilities, such as:
- The value of computed fields may be updated real-time. When an item that a formula depends on is updated, users will see up-to-date data on their artifacts.
- Import projects with cross-projects references.
- Automate the creation and updating of referring items via workflow actions.
- Access work item histories and versions with the Swagger API.
- codeBeamer ALM now handles AWS Elastic Beanstalk, easing environment provisioning.
codeBeamer ALM is an attractive option for organizations looking for software delivery tools outside the traditional, big-box players, such as Microsoft and Micro Focus. The out-of-the-box complaint templates ease organizations in heavily regulated industries into the adoption of ALM capabilities. Intland’s growing integration partners further empowers delivery teams to adopt the tools they need to successfully deliver value.
Want to Know More?
Establishing and monitoring SDLC metrics can drive behavior change. But metrics are prone to creating unexpected outcomes and must be used with care. Use metrics judiciously to avoid gaming or ambivalent behavior, productivity loss, and unintended consequences.
Aha has deepened its integration with Jira via new support for linking not only issues/features but also their respective dependencies, thereby improving overall requirement visibility.
Atlassian Jira has taken an important step throughout 2019: bringing Jira Software and Bitbucket capabilities to Visual Studio Code.
CollabNet TeamForge ensures development governance, compliance, and standards are maintained whether an organization is using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid software methodologies.
The root causes of throughput issues go beyond the work assigned to delivery teams or the tactics to complete them. Cultural, leadership, and management factors play critical roles in team productivity and motivation.
Perforce Helix ALM is a suite of integrated products that centralizes and manages requirements, testing, and issue artifacts.
Aha! has improved its integration with Azure DevOps to improve release and sprint visibility for both developers and stakeholders.
ALM Works’ Structure.Gantt extends Jira’s and Structure’s data to better manage timelines, dependencies, and resources.
In order to combat technical challenges with accessing requirements, Visure has released a new web-based interface for reviewing requirements.