Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
Ivanti Update and 2020 Strategic Direction
Ivanti is well positioned to build on a solid ITSM foundation and will deliver expanded capability in areas such as mobility, customer experience, enterprise service management, and artificial intelligence. We expect that Ivanti will continue its commitment to its cloud platform while also delivering value to its on-premises customers.
Core features and capabilities of Ivanti Service Manager include:
- Service management processes and best practices based on ITIL
- Asset management
- Financial management
- Vendor and contract management
- Project and portfolio management
In addition to these core features, Ivanti delivers other capabilities:
- A new capability is Ivanti Cloud, which provides real-time, user-data management and live agent overview. Ivanti reports that the software is able to inspect laptop battery health proactively and reach out to agents before end users reach out to the help desk.
- AI-based Smart advisors grab information from end users, analyze it, and provide suggestions and feedback. This feature saves time for IT analysts in their research.
- Mobile capabilities extend the service desk to field technicians and allow them to manage incidents, tasks, and service requests on mobile devices.
- Ivanti Service Manager enables self-service management and includes a catalog of services that users can request from IT, HR, Facilities, and more.
- Workflow design with drag-and-drop capabilities for designing request offerings in service catalog makes ticketing easier. For example, a technician can assign the ticket to HR, define the priority level, send a transactional survey, and seek approvals.
- Xtraction, a technology that was acquired in 2017, is a dashboard reporting tool to consolidate data from multiple resources and facilitate decision making.
Source: Ivanti IT Service Management at SoftwareReviews, Accessed March 2, 2020
Self-service is the future of IT operations. Many ITSM vendors are leveraging AI and machine learning capabilities to facilitate self-service, though IT leaders can be hesitant to adopt new technologies without widespread market adoption and proof of viability. Ivanti has put much effort into such initiatives by adding new capabilities through acquisitions and mergers, and it has been very committed to adding more features and extending ESM.
Ivanti does not expect its recent management changes to affect its roadmap, but organizations need to consider such leadership changes amongst their vendors as they may shift their roadmap and strategy. The result may not be applicable to prospective and current clients. It is too early to tell how this leadership change will affect Ivanti ITSM’s trajectory. Info-Tech will be watching closely for new announcements by Ivanti, potential influences on its products, and any change in direction. Follow us closely.
Want to Know More?
Atlassian has acquired Halp, a real-time helpdesk tool that integrates with Slack. With the broader context of this move being Atlassian and Slack’s strategic alliance, might there be more to this acquisition than meets the eye?
Organizations are complex and have multiple stakeholders involved in the delivery of a service. In a public sector organization, for example, there are end users, multiple agencies and departments, and vendors involved in the delivery and consumption of the service. Service design methods and tools assist in making sense of these stakeholders’ inter-relationships and allow organizations to make sound decisions during service implementation.
The impact of COVID-19, as it became a global pandemic in Q1 of 2020, has affected user sentiment toward software during a growing period of fear, uncertainty, and doubt. To analyze the impact, SoftwareReviews compared Satisfaction (willingness to recommend to a peer), ability to deliver Business Value (fair cost to value), and Likeliness to Renew prior to March 10 and post March 10.
ITSM vendor InvGate announced that due to COVID-19 any organization can use InvGate Service Desk free of charge. This promotion helps IT departments when they need it most while gaining adoption and market traction for InvGate.
ServiceNow’s Orlando release introduced Now Intelligence, a set of features that strengthen ServiceNow’s lead in the AI-powered IT service management (ITSM) and digital transformation space.
IT solutions provider BMC announced that Shared Services Canada (SSC) has selected BMC Remedy to be its new ITSM platform. This adoption shows that BMC continues to be a viable option for governments and large enterprises.
ServiceNow has released four free emergency response apps to help customers with crisis management in the wake of COVID-19, including emergence response operations, employee outreach, self-reporting, and exposure management.
ManageEngine has released version 10.5 of ServiceDesk Plus MSP, with a new UI and new features including MSP Business Dashboard, Time Sheet, and field service management.
ServiceNow promises to make in-house ServiceNow development a little easier by directly integrating with Microsoft’s popular Visual Studio Code editor.