Comprehensive Software Reviews to make better IT decisions
ALM Works Extends Its Structure.Gantt Capabilities
ALM Works’ Structure is a Jira plugin that enhances and expands Jira’s capabilities for project management, requirements management, QA, and help desk. Structure enables enterprise-level organization of Jira issues and stories with multi-level, cross-team, and cross-project hierarchies. This application is available in the Atlassian Marketplace.
- Work breakdown structure, which defines the scope of work and is built using Structure functionality.
- The chart itself, which visualizes tasks on a timescale, showing start and finish dates, dependencies between them, and other management information.
Unlike other project management tools, the Structure.Gantt integration with Jira provides accurate and up-to-date information of delivery work progress as it happens and enables managers to tap into the underutilized data contained within Jira and Structure.
- Structure.Gantt becomes a paid app (2.0)
- Resource Leveling allows users to automatically resolve overallocations for a single resource or group of resources (2.0)
- Visualization of delivery progress against defined baselines (2.0)
- Specify duration separate of work for auto-scheduled tasks (2.1)
- Indicator when a task is not visible on the chart due to insufficient permissions or the Gantt configuration, along with an explanation (2.1)
ALM Works’ Structure.Gantt provides versatile Gantt chart features as a tool to better manage programs and portfolios, a noticeable missing feature in Jira. Organizations that are already invested in Jira and will be managing large programs involving multiple teams will see significant value with Structure.Gantt’s low-cost extension. Atlassian’s Portfolio for Jira attempts to address their portfolio management gap, but its value is yet to be seen.
Want to Know More?
Aha has deepened its integration with Jira via new support for linking not only issues/features but also their respective dependencies, thereby improving overall requirement visibility.
Atlassian Jira has taken an important step throughout 2019: bringing Jira Software and Bitbucket capabilities to Visual Studio Code.
Intland Software’s codeBeamer ALM provides out-of-the-box complaint templates for organizations developing software in the automotive, medical, aviation and defense, and life sciences & pharma industries.
CollabNet TeamForge ensures development governance, compliance, and standards are maintained whether an organization is using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid software methodologies.
The root causes of throughput issues go beyond the work assigned to delivery teams or the tactics to complete them. Cultural, leadership, and management factors play critical roles in team productivity and motivation.
Perforce Helix ALM is a suite of integrated products that centralizes and manages requirements, testing, and issue artifacts.
Aha! has improved its integration with Azure DevOps to improve release and sprint visibility for both developers and stakeholders.
In order to combat technical challenges with accessing requirements, Visure has released a new web-based interface for reviewing requirements.
Visionera’s VisionFlow provides a centralized platform to develop, maintain, and support applications and products through CRM- and service-management-oriented approaches. It supports Agile, waterfall, and hybrid development methodologies.