Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
Allscripts Buys Prescription Drug Start-Up
Allscripts, a major player in the medical software space, has acquired the prescription management start-up ZappRx.
- Allscripts will include ZappRx software’s functionality in a new update to its Veradigm platform.
- ZappRx is a cloud-based system that specializes in speeding up the time it takes for a patient to access complex and high cost prescriptions (specialty medicine), after they are prescribed.
- Veradigm aims to improve a practice’s workflows. The platform focuses on delivering data insights to providers at the point-of-care to improve reporting and process efficiencies.
- The ZappRx deal reportedly closed for under $40 million.
- The ZappRx acquisition is likely a response to Amazon’s acquisition of PillPack, a $753 million prescription management start-up. PillPack and Amazon are in the process of building out physical pharmacies. PillPack’s vertically integrated business model threatens the position of pharmacy benefit managers who act as middlepersons between practitioners and patients. Once massive companies like Amazon started to shake up the prescription software and distribution space, veteran players have to adapt or get pushed aside. Therefore, Allscripts is making moves to stay relevant in a marketplace that is rapidly changing.
Want to Know More?
PHEMI is a data privacy solution focused on keeping data-processing activities secure by redacting information based on the role of the accessor. Thus, allowing such data to be used for multiple use cases without compromising privacy.
Kenna Security deployed their new data driven vulnerability management program, Kenna.VM and accessory program, Kenna.VI. Released on April 28th, Kenna.VM was created with the purpose to set service-level agreements (SLAs) with risk tolerance in mind.
Recently I attended the inaugural Emotion AI conference, organized by Seth Grimes, a leading analyst and business consultant in the areas of natural language processing, text analytics, sentiment analysis, and their business applications. So, what is emotion AI, why is it relevant, and what do you need to know about it?
Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, tells Jane Foster, the woman he’s trying to impress, that on his home world of Asgard, the realm eternal, science and magic are two sides of the same coin. Had Jane been a part of the operations teams at Google (or other mature online service providers), she would have immediately realized we have a similar technology right here on good old Earth. We call the science site reliability engineering (SRE), and service level objectives (SLO) is the magic behind it. SRE is a powerful concept for organizations that are serious about keeping their customers happy. It is therefore important for them to develop well-thought-out SLOs and make certain that management is intellectually equipped to derive valuable business perspectives from them.
Hell hath no fury like a customer not being able to access an online service when they want to. They expect the online services to always be on, always be accessible, and always treat them like there’s no one else in the world who matters more. Thank heavens then for giving these online services the ability to use site reliability engineering (SRE) to keep their customers happy, engaged, and most importantly, feeling valued.
The Office of the Attorney General of the State of New York has reached a settlement with Zoom Video Communications. The agreement promises enhanced data security and user controls.
Verizon has acquired BlueJeans for between $400–500 million. The move will see BlueJeans integrated into Verizon’s 5G plans, utilizing BlueJeans advanced and encrypted video-conferencing solutions for telehealth, e-learning, and field service work.
Adoption is one of the biggest challenges that organizations deal with when implementing commercial project management tools. Amid a global pandemic, this challenge has only been exasperated with many working from home.
If an image is worth a thousand words, a visual roadmap will save you a thousand hours.