Comprehensive Software Reviews to make better IT decisions
Allscripts Buys Prescription Drug Start-Up
Allscripts, a major player in the medical software space, has acquired the prescription management start-up ZappRx.
- Allscripts will include ZappRx software’s functionality in a new update to its Veradigm platform.
- ZappRx is a cloud-based system that specializes in speeding up the time it takes for a patient to access complex and high cost prescriptions (specialty medicine), after they are prescribed.
- Veradigm aims to improve a practice’s workflows. The platform focuses on delivering data insights to providers at the point-of-care to improve reporting and process efficiencies.
- The ZappRx deal reportedly closed for under $40 million.
- The ZappRx acquisition is likely a response to Amazon’s acquisition of PillPack, a $753 million prescription management start-up. PillPack and Amazon are in the process of building out physical pharmacies. PillPack’s vertically integrated business model threatens the position of pharmacy benefit managers who act as middlepersons between practitioners and patients. Once massive companies like Amazon started to shake up the prescription software and distribution space, veteran players have to adapt or get pushed aside. Therefore, Allscripts is making moves to stay relevant in a marketplace that is rapidly changing.
Want to Know More?
Joshua Burgin, the technical advisor to the senior vice-president at Amazon Web Services (AWS), opened AWS Summit Toronto with jabs at Oracle and Microsoft. AWS wants to position itself as customer-centric, but users of its platform might only end up locked-in to a more beneficent vendor.
Adobe has achieved near-monopoly status in the world of graphic/web design through the massive adoption of its Creative Suite product set. Far too often customers are focusing on the subscription price when there is much more value to be obtained through optimizing product selection and proactive management of end-users’ software usage.
Cambridge Semantics enhanced its Anzo platform to enable data management and analytics over both structured and unstructured data, the firm announced in an August 22 press release.
Avaya announced a partnership with RingCentral, a move that jointly strengthens the two companies’ positions in the growing cloud-based unified communications market.
The lack of robotic process automation (RPA) skills is often cited as a major challenge to RPA adoption. Blue Prism recently joined its competitors by making its RPA solution available for personal and training purposes.
C3.ai, a leading enterprise AI software provider, announced in October 2019 the launch of Smart Institutions, an AI-powered, holistic energy-as-a-service software solution for universities, municipalities, corporate campuses, and hospitals.
Bullhorn, an applicant tracking system (ATS) solution provider, has announced an improvement to its existing vendors management system (VMS) Sync offering with the deployment of "closed-loop VMS-ATS integration" that automates the transfer of candidate information from the ATS back into the VMS.
Data governance player Collibra recently announced the acquisition of SQLdep, a leading provider of automated data lineage.
Whether you are using Info-Tech’s Commodity, Operational, Strategic, Tactical (C.O.S.T.) model to classify your vendors or you arbitrarily label high spend/critical vendors as strategic, it begs the question: “Does your vendor truly view you as a strategic customer?”