Five contributors assisted with this research, but due to the sensitivity of the information will remain anonymous.
- Web Experience Management (WEM) solutions have emerged as applications that provide marketers and other customer experience professionals with a complete set of tools for web content management, delivery, campaign execution, and site analytics.
- However, many organizations are unsure of how to leverage these new technologies to enhance their customer interaction strategy.
- WEM products are not a one-size-fits-all investment: unique evaluations and customization is required in order to deploy a solution that fits your organization.
- WEM technology often complements core CRM and marketing management products – it does not supplant it, and must augment the rest of your customer experience management portfolio.
- WEM provides benefits by giving web visitors a better experience – leveraging tools such as web analytics gives the customer a tailored experience. Marketing can then monitor their behavior and use this information to warm leads.
Impact and Result
- Deploy a WEM platform and execute initiatives that will strengthen the web-facing customer experience, improving customer satisfaction and unlocking new revenue opportunities.
- Avoid making unnecessary new WEM investments.
- Make informed decisions about the types of technologies and initiatives that are necessary to support WEM.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Harness the value of web experience management
Understand the value of WEM; structure the WEM project; define web experience metrics.
Call #2 - Create the vision for web experience management
Conduct the environmental scan and persona analysis; formulate strategic requirements for web experience management.
Call #3 - Execute initiatives for WEM deployment
Review WEM best practices; create a web experience initiatives roadmap.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Launch the WEM Selection Project
- Discuss the general project overview for the WEM selection.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Launch of your WEM selection project.
- Development of your organization’s WEM requirements.
Facilitation of activities from the Launch the WEM Project and Collect Requirements phase, including project scoping and resource planning.
- WEM Procurement Project Charter
Conduct overview of the WEM market landscape, trends, and vendors.
- WEM Use-Case Fit Assessment
Conduct process mapping for selected marketing processes.
Interview business stakeholders.
Prioritize WEM functional requirements.
Module 2: Plan the Procurement and Implementation Process
- Plan the procurement and the implementation of the WEM solution.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Selection of a WEM solution.
- A plan for implementing the selected WEM solution.
Complete marketing process mapping with business stakeholders.
- Vendor Shortlist
Interview IT staff and project team, identify technical requirements for the WEM suite, and document high-level solution requirements.
- WEM RFP
Perform a use-case scenario assessment, review use-case scenario results, identify use-case alignment, and review the WEM Vendor Landscape vendor profiles and performance.
- Vendor Evaluations
Create a custom vendor shortlist and investigate additional vendors for exploration in the marketplace.
- Selection of a WEM Solution
Meet with project manager to discuss results and action items.
- WEM projected work break-down
- Implementation plan
- Framework for WEM deployment and CRM/Marketing Management Suite Integration
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this Blueprint, and what our clients have to say.