Over the years, 16 groups had emerged within Olmsted Medical Center that provided IT service desk support to employees, visitors, and patients. Info-Tech Research Group delivered a five-day Service Desk Optimization workshop to design an optimum structure for the target state service desk, consolidating the 16 disparate entities into a single organization.
Summary & Success
- Defined roles and responsibilities for service desk staff and leadership, which included an interim staffing model that deployed technical resources in a part-time rotation.
- Customized a severity model using the ITIL concepts of Impact and Urgency.
- Defined metrics for five stakeholder groups.
- Identified business requirements for a ticketing system.
- Created a roadmap toward “Service Desk 2.0”