Comprehensive Software Reviews to make better IT decisions
$6.75 Million Raised for Instahiring: an AI Recruitment Platform From Talview
Talview, an artificial intelligence (AI) HR tech startup, has announced that it has raised $6.75 million to build Instahiring, a new AI-enhanced recruitment platform promising to slash time to hire.
Instahiring promises to move beyond streamlining the recruiter's user experience to fully automating core hiring processes like behavioral testing. Instahiring's offering hinges on three principles:
- Task automation, e.g. in scheduling interviews
- Streamlining the interview process, e.g. through smartphone video interview capabilities
- Reusing hiring data, e.g. using the video interview recording to drive additional AI-powered behavioral assessments
Of most interest is the last point, which offers time-to-hire improvements by reducing the number of contact points between candidate and recruiter for the number of insights drawn.
This AI-powered approach brings some considerations:
- On the one hand, using a single automated algorithm to assess all candidates could enable greater equality and less bias throughout the hiring process.
- On the other hand, AI is notoriously susceptible to perpetuating any biases present in its training data, which brings the question of how well this approach will handle candidates from diverse cultural backgrounds, as well as final accountability for hiring decisions.
It will be exciting to watch the development of this platform as a case study in the impact of automation and AI on recruiting.
- Talview has raised funds for a new, AI-powered recruitment platform.
- AI allows for the automation of complex assessments.
- If successful, such automation enables significant reductions in time to hire.
- The usual AI caveats apply, such as bias in training data and accountability for decisions.
Source: SoftwareReviews Recruiting Data Quadrant, Accessed September 27, 2019
Want to Know More?
Zinc, a blockchain-based automated reference checking service provider, has announced integration with SmartRecruiters, an applicant tracking system provider.
Bullhorn, an applicant tracking system (ATS) solution provider, has announced an improvement to its existing vendors management system (VMS) Sync offering with the deployment of "closed-loop VMS-ATS integration" that automates the transfer of candidate information from the ATS back into the VMS.
HireRight, a leading background screening provider, has announced that it has further improved integration with iCIMS. This enhanced integration offers a more efficient workflow that ultimately leads to improved candidate and employer experience during the hiring process.
VidCruiter, an online recruitment platform that offers video interviewing capability, has partnered with iCIMS to allow seamless data sharing between the two platforms.
Newton, an applicant tracking software, is a Challenger in the Recruitment Software space. Generally well received by its customers, it will find opportunities in continued innovation and ongoing support.
As recruiting moves away from "gut feeling" hiring to data-driven decision making, leading players are beginning to offer analytics solutions, but how should hiring managers best make use of them?
JazzHR has launched a partnership with Wonderlic, a pre-employment testing provider, to integrate Wonderlic assessment results directly into the JazzHR interface.
iCIMS, a major talent acquisition software provider, has launched pre-built integration with third-party candidate assessment tools, improving implementation efficiency and user experience.