Optimize Existing Applications for Security in an Untrusted World
Inject application security practices into development and maintenance cycles.
- Security is becoming increasingly important as apps become more distributed through APIs.
- Business risk is high because of the possibility of an information breach.
- Much of the current literature focuses on securing the network while code and data layers have received less attention.
- Deriving the security gaps in your application data flow and code structure requires in-depth institutional knowledge that will pay off in future security initiatives.
- A cost/benefit analysis should not be perceived as an academic exercise; there may be situations where ROI does not support a critical initiative.
- Security is now an ongoing concern. Wrapping up a project for implementing security does not conclude the engagement, rather, it is a starting point.
Impact and Result
- Integrate industry standard best practices to build your application development security framework.
- Realize security pain points in your current applications and development process and build a framework around these gaps.
- Rollout and monitor application security initiatives.
Make the case for an application development security framework
Realize that many organizations suffer from security breaches. Use this toolkit to help you improve your alignment with security requirements.
Map the apps at risk
Understand Info-Tech’s Application Security Gap Assessment Framework.
Establish a risk profile
Assess the impacts of your gaps on your business and technical security requirements.
Fill your security gaps
Understand common secure application activities.
Roll out secure applications
Prioritize your rollout based on your organization’s prioritization profile.
Monitor the rollout
Summarize the rollout of your secure application activities.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Map the Applications at Risk
- Determine and map applications that are important to the business
- Identify security gaps
- Fill security gaps
Key Benefits Achieved
- Creation of relevant applications to consider
- Determination of security gaps for current implementation and subsequent injection into app dev process
- Optimization of budget to fix security gaps
Identify valuable applications
- Shortlist of applications to consider
Draw data flow of applications
- Data flow map
Assess data flows for security gaps
- Vulnerability map
Gauge impact of security gaps
- ROI analysis
Select secure application activities to fill the gaps
- Project rollout plan
Prepare for rollout and monitoring