- Security is becoming increasingly important as apps become more distributed through APIs.
- Business risk is high because of the possibility of an information breach.
- Much of the current literature focuses on securing the network while code and data layers have received less attention.
- Deriving the security gaps in your application data flow and code structure requires in-depth institutional knowledge that will pay off in future security initiatives.
- A cost/benefit analysis should not be perceived as an academic exercise; there may be situations where ROI does not support a critical initiative.
- Security is now an ongoing concern. Wrapping up a project for implementing security does not conclude the engagement, rather, it is a starting point.
Impact and Result
- Integrate industry standard best practices to build your application development security framework.
- Realize security pain points in your current applications and development process and build a framework around these gaps.
- Rollout and monitor application security initiatives.
Onsite Workshop: Optimize Existing Applications for Security in an Untrusted World
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Map the Applications at Risk
- Determine and map applications that are important to the business
- Identify security gaps
- Fill security gaps
Key Benefits Achieved
- Creation of relevant applications to consider
- Determination of security gaps for current implementation and subsequent injection into app dev process
- Optimization of budget to fix security gaps
Identify valuable applications
- Shortlist of applications to consider
Draw data flow of applications
- Data flow map
Assess data flows for security gaps
- Vulnerability map
Gauge impact of security gaps
- ROI analysis
Select secure application activities to fill the gaps
- Project rollout plan
Prepare for rollout and monitoring