- IT leaders are trying to effectively manage the full development lifecycle concurrently with web, cloud, and mobile while ensuring communication remains intact and decision-making metrics are available for early mitigation.
- The cost of ALM licenses puts pressure on the budget-conscious IT leader.
- ALM tools must manage across diverse platforms to support all phases of the lifecycle from requirements through to deployment and maintenance.
- Traceability must be integrated to the extent that any change in requirements triggers an automatic alert or notification of the impact.
- Customizable reporting capabilities allow organizations to gather metrics specific to their business and critical to their development.
Impact and Result
- Choose the right range of features for your development scenario.
- Keep communication lines open across distributed teams while maintaining control over the development lifecycle towards rapid release management.
1. Evaluate the leading solutions for Application Lifecycle Management
Understand the market and available options.
2. Identify the Application Lifecycle Management solution that best meets the organization's needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
3. Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
4. Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist assistance and requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide which platform suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and budget review
Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendors RFPs and ensure the solution is meeting your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and contract review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.