Vendor Landscape: Application Lifecycle Management
Manage the complexity of today’s highly distributed apps and frequent deployment cycles.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- IT leaders are trying to effectively manage the full development lifecycle concurrently with web, cloud, and mobile while ensuring communication remains intact and decision-making metrics are available for early mitigation.
- The cost of ALM licenses puts pressure on the budget-conscious IT leader.
- ALM tools must manage across diverse platforms to support all phases of the lifecycle from requirements through to deployment and maintenance.
- Traceability must be integrated to the extent that any change in requirements triggers an automatic alert or notification of the impact.
- Customizable reporting capabilities allow organizations to gather metrics specific to their business and critical to their development.
Impact and Result
- Choose the right range of features for your development scenario.
- Keep communication lines open across distributed teams while maintaining control over the development lifecycle towards rapid release management.
Evaluate the leading solutions for Application Lifecycle Management
Understand the market and available options.
Identify the Application Lifecycle Management solution that best meets the organization's needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.