- COVID-19 has thrown organizations globally into a panicked frenzy as they attempt to adopt and scale operations to align with government recommendations and keep employees safe.
- Enforced data privacy best practices may contradict procedures that are implemented in the best interest of employees’ safety.
- Processes adapted as a part of crisis response and management may not always align with privacy regulations and laws (GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA).
- An effective pandemic plan will be privacy-proof in order to support the future strategic direction of the organization. Don’t throw your privacy best practices out the window; be adaptable and create a repeatable process that is well-documented and well-circulated.
Impact and Result
- Don’t start from scratch. This research will allow you to leverage your current data privacy best practices and adapt them to align with your pandemic-ready operational changes.
- Understand how to collect what you need and disregard what you don’t. Reduce the amount of unnecessary personal data collected as a part of pandemic response operational changes.
- Enforce procedures to support your employees’ integration of these best practices and ensure the organization is in a place to recover and scale its data privacy management efforts moving forward.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.