- Your organization is realizing benefits from adopting Agile principles and practices in pockets of your organization.
- You are starting to investigate opportunities to extend Agile beyond these pilot implementations into other areas of the organization. You are looking for a coordinated approach aligned to business priorities.
- Not all lessons from a pilot project are transferable. Pilot processes are tailored to a specific project’s scope, team, and tools, and they may not account for the diverse attributes in your organization.
- Control may be necessary for coordination. More moving parts means enforcing consistent cadences, reporting, and communication is a must if teams are not disciplined or lack good governance.
- Scale Agile in departments tolerable to change. Incrementally roll Agile out in departments where its principles are accepted (e.g. a culture of continuous improvement, embracing failures as lessons).
Impact and Result
- Complete an Agile capability assessment of your pilot functional group to gauge anticipated Agile benefits. Identify the business objectives and the group drivers that are motivating a scaled Agile implementation.
- Understand the challenges that you may face when scaling Agile. Investigate the root causes of inefficiencies that can derail your scaling initiatives.
- Brainstorm solutions to your scaling challenges and envision a target state for your growing Agile environment. Your target state will discover new opportunities to drive more business value and eliminate current activities driving down productivity.
- Coordinate the implementation and execution of scaling Agile initiatives with a Scaling Agile Playbook. This organic and collaborative document will lay out the process, roles, goals, and objectives needed to successfully manage your Agile environment.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Onsite Workshop: Enable Organization-Wide Collaboration by Scaling Agile
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Gauge Your Readiness to Scale Up Agile
- Identify the business objectives and functional group drivers for adopting Agile practices to gauge the fit of scaling Agile.
- Select the pilot project to demonstrate the value of scaling Agile.
- Review and evaluate your current Agile development process and functional group structure.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Understanding of the notable business and functional group gaps that can derail the scaling of Agile.
- Selection of a pilot program that will be used to gather metrics to continuously improve implementation and obtain buy-in for wider rollout.
- Realization of the root causes behind functional group and process issues in the current Agile implementation.
Assess your pilot functional group
- Fit assessment of functional group to pilot Agile scaling
- Selection of pilot program
- List of critical success factors
Module 2: Define Your Scaled Agile Target State
- Think of solutions to address the root causes of current communication and process issues that can derail scaling initiatives.
- Brainstorm opportunities to enhance the delivery of business value to customers.
- Generate a target state for your scaled Agile implementation.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Defined Agile capabilities and services of your functional group.
- Optimized functional group team structure, development process, and program framework to support scaled Agile in your context.
- Identification and accommodation of the risks associated with implementing and executing Agile capabilities.
Define Agile capabilities at scale
- Solutions to scaling issues and opportunities to deliver more business value
- Agile capability map
Build your scaled Agile target state
- Functional group team structure, Agile development process and program framework optimized to support scaled Agile
- Risk assessment of scaling Agile initiatives
Module 3: Create Your Implementation Plan
- List metrics to gauge the success of your scaling Agile implementation.
- Define the initiatives to scale Agile in your organization and to prepare for a wider rollout.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Strategic selection of the right metrics to demonstrate the value of scaling Agile initiatives.
- Scaling Agile implementation roadmap based on current resource capacities, task complexities, and business priorities.
Create your implementation plan
- List of metrics to gauge scaling Agile success
- Scaling Agile implementation roadmap