Enable Organization-Wide Collaboration by Scaling Agile
Execute a disciplined approach to rolling out Agile methods in the organization.
- Your organization is realizing benefits from adopting Agile principles and practices in pockets of your organization.
- You are starting to investigate opportunities to extend Agile beyond these pilot implementations into other areas of the organization. You are looking for a coordinated approach aligned to business priorities.
- Not all lessons from a pilot project are transferable. Pilot processes are tailored to a specific project’s scope, team, and tools, and they may not account for the diverse attributes in your organization.
- Control may be necessary for coordination. More moving parts means enforcing consistent cadences, reporting, and communication is a must if teams are not disciplined or lack good governance.
- Scale Agile in departments tolerable to change. Incrementally roll Agile out in departments where its principles are accepted (e.g. a culture of continuous improvement, embracing failures as lessons).
Impact and Result
- Complete an Agile capability assessment of your pilot functional group to gauge anticipated Agile benefits. Identify the business objectives and the group drivers that are motivating a scaled Agile implementation.
- Understand the challenges that you may face when scaling Agile. Investigate the root causes of inefficiencies that can derail your scaling initiatives.
- Brainstorm solutions to your scaling challenges and envision a target state for your growing Agile environment. Your target state will discover new opportunities to drive more business value and eliminate current activities driving down productivity.
- Coordinate the implementation and execution of scaling Agile initiatives with a Scaling Agile Playbook. This organic and collaborative document will lay out the process, roles, goals, and objectives needed to successfully manage your Agile environment.
Start here – read the Executive Brief
Read our concise Executive Brief to find out why you should scale up Agile, review Info-Tech’s methodology, and understand the four ways we can support you in completing this project.
Gauge readiness to scale up Agile
Evaluate the readiness of the pilot functional group and Agile development processes to adopt scaled Agile practices.
Define scaled Agile target state
Alleviate scaling issues and risks and introduce new opportunities to enhance business value delivery with Agile practices.
Create implementation plan
Roll out scaling Agile initiatives in a gradual, iterative approach and define the right metrics to demonstrate success.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Gauge Your Readiness to Scale Up Agile
- Identify the business objectives and functional group drivers for adopting Agile practices to gauge the fit of scaling Agile.
- Select the pilot project to demonstrate the value of scaling Agile.
- Review and evaluate your current Agile development process and functional group structure.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Understanding of the notable business and functional group gaps that can derail the scaling of Agile.
- Selection of a pilot program that will be used to gather metrics to continuously improve implementation and obtain buy-in for wider rollout.
- Realization of the root causes behind functional group and process issues in the current Agile implementation.
Assess your pilot functional group
- Fit assessment of functional group to pilot Agile scaling
- Selection of pilot program
- List of critical success factors
Module 2: Define Your Scaled Agile Target State
- Think of solutions to address the root causes of current communication and process issues that can derail scaling initiatives.
- Brainstorm opportunities to enhance the delivery of business value to customers.
- Generate a target state for your scaled Agile implementation.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Defined Agile capabilities and services of your functional group.
- Optimized functional group team structure, development process, and program framework to support scaled Agile in your context.
- Identification and accommodation of the risks associated with implementing and executing Agile capabilities.
Define Agile capabilities at scale
- Solutions to scaling issues and opportunities to deliver more business value
- Agile capability map
Build your scaled Agile target state
- Functional group team structure, Agile development process and program framework optimized to support scaled Agile
- Risk assessment of scaling Agile initiatives
Module 3: Create Your Implementation Plan
- List metrics to gauge the success of your scaling Agile implementation.
- Define the initiatives to scale Agile in your organization and to prepare for a wider rollout.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Strategic selection of the right metrics to demonstrate the value of scaling Agile initiatives.
- Scaling Agile implementation roadmap based on current resource capacities, task complexities, and business priorities.
Create your implementation plan
- List of metrics to gauge scaling Agile success
- Scaling Agile implementation roadmap