- Ikram Ul-Haq, Sr. Developer/Analyst, OCP CPAS Systems, a Xerox Company
- Joakim Sunden, Consultant, Speaker, Coach, Teacher, Crisp, ex-Spotify, author of Kanban in Action
- Rajan Mahadevan, Chief Technology Officer, WendiHealth
- Jimmy Janlen, Agile Coach, Casumo, ex-Spotify
- Zack Dawood, Sr. Director Product Engineering, CGI
- 11 anonymous contributors
- Enterprise is grappling with the challenges of existing business models and strategies not leading to desired outcomes.
- Enterprise is struggling to remain competitive.
- Enterprise wants to understand how to leverage platform strategies and a digital platform.
To remain competitive enterprises must renew and refresh their business model strategies and design/develop digital platforms – this requires enterprises to:
- Understand how digital-native enterprises are using platform business models and associated strategies.
- Understand their core assets and strengths and how these can be leveraged for transformation.
- Understand the core characteristics and components of a digital platform so that they can design digital platform(s) for their enterprise.
- Ask if the client’s digital transformation (DX) strategy is aligned with a digital platform enablement strategy.
- Ask if the enterprise has paid attention to the structure, culture, principles, and practices of platform teams.
Impact and Result
Organizations that implement this project will gain benefits in five ways:
- Awareness and understanding of various platform strategies.
- Application of specific platform strategies within the context of the enterprise.
- Awareness of their existing business mode, core assets, value proposition, and strengths.
- Alignment between DX themes and platform enablement themes so enterprises can develop roadmaps that gauge successful DX.
- Design of a digital platform, including characteristics, components, and team characteristics, culture, principles, and practices.
This guided implementation is an eight call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Set goals for your platform business model
Call #1 - Discuss the platform model and importance of platforms.
Call #2 - Discuss various platform strategies.
Call #3 - Discuss transformation approaches.
Call #4 - Discuss key foundational and evolutionary questions for the platform business model.
Guided Implementation #2 - Configure your digital platform
Call #1 - Discuss design goals for enterprise digital platform.
Call #2 - Discuss DX themes and platform capabilities and alignment between DX initiatives and platform enablement.
Call #3 - Discuss digital platform components – understand the gaps.
Call #4 - Discuss culture, structure, principles, and practices of successful platform engineering teams.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Understand Platform Business Model and Strategies
- Understand existing business model, value proposition, and key assets.
- Understand platform business model and strategies.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Understanding the current assets helps with knowing what can be leveraged in the new business model/transformation.
- Understanding the platform strategies can help the enterprise renew/refresh their business model.
Document the current business model along with value proposition and key assets (that provide competitive advantage).
- Documentation of current business model along with value proposition and key assets (that provide competitive advantage).
Platform model canvas.
Document the platform strategies in the context of the enterprise.
- Documentation of the selected platform strategies.
Module 2: Planning for Platform Business Model
- Understand transformation approaches.
- Understand various layers of platforms.
- Ask fundamental and evolutionary questions about the platform.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Understanding of the transformational model so that the enterprise can realize the differences.
- Understanding of the organization’s strengths and weaknesses for a DX.
- Extraction of strategic themes to plan and develop a digital platform roadmap.
Discuss and document decision about DX approach and next steps.
- Documented decision about DX approach and next steps.
Discuss and document high-level strategic themes for platform business model and associated roadmap.
- Documented high-level strategic themes for platform business model and associated roadmap.
Module 3: Digital Platform Strategy
- Understand the design goals for the digital platform.
- Understand gaps between the platform’s capabilities and the DX strategy.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Design goals set for the digital platform that are visible to all stakeholders.
- Gap analysis performed between enterprise’s digital strategy and platform capabilities; this helps understand the current situation and thus informs strategies and roadmaps.
Discuss and document design goals for digital platform.
- Documented design goals for digital platform.
Discuss DX themes and platform capabilities – document the gaps.
- Documented DX themes and platform capabilities.
Discuss gaps and strategies along with timelines.
- DX themes and platform capabilities map.
Module 4: Digital Platform Design: Key Components
- Understanding of key components of a digital platform, including technology and teams.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Understanding of the key components of a digital platform and designing the platform.
- Understanding of the team structure, culture, and practices needed for successful platform engineering teams.
Confirmation and discussion on existing UX/UI and API strategies.
Understanding of microservices architecture and filling of microservices canvas.
- Filled microservices canvas.
Real-time stream processing data pipeline and tool map.
- Documented real-time stream processing data pipeline and tool map.
High-level architectural view.
- Documented high-level architectural view.
Discussion on platform engineering teams, including culture, structure, principles, and practices.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this Blueprint, and what our clients have to say.