- Unprecedented health and economic conditions are putting extreme pressure and controls on expense management.
- IT needs to implement proactive measures to reduce costs with immediate results.
- IT must sustain these reductions beyond the near term since no one knows how long the current conditions will last.
- Proactively initiating a “War on Waste” (WoW) to reduce the expenses and costs in areas that do not impact operational capabilities of IT is an easy way to reduce IT expenditures.
- This is accomplished by following the principle “Stop Doing Stupid Stuff” (SDSS), which many organizations deemphasize or overlook during times of growth and prosperity.
- Initiating a WoW and SDSS program with passion, creativity, and urgency will deliver short-term cost reductions.
Impact and Result
- Pinpoint and implement tactical countermeasures and savings opportunities to reduce costs immediately (Reactive: <3 months).
- Identify and deploy proven practices to capture and sustain expense reduction throughout the mid-term (Proactive: 3-12months).
- Create a long-term strategy to improve flexibility, make changes more swiftly, and quickly generate cost-cutting opportunities (Strategic: >12 months).
- Use Info-Tech’s 4 R’s Framework (Required, Removed, Rescheduled, and Reduced) and guiding principles to develop your cost-reduction roadmap.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Average $ Saved
Average Days Saved