- Unprecedented health and economic conditions are putting extreme pressure and controls on expense management.
- IT needs to implement proactive measures to reduce costs with immediate results.
- IT must sustain these reductions beyond the near term since no one knows how long the current conditions will last.
- Proactively initiating a “War on Waste” (WoW) to reduce the expenses and costs in areas that do not impact operational capabilities of IT is an easy way to reduce IT expenditures.
- This is accomplished by following the principle “Stop Doing Stupid Stuff” (SDSS), which many organizations deemphasize or overlook during times of growth and prosperity.
- Initiating a WoW and SDSS program with passion, creativity, and urgency will deliver short-term cost reductions.
Impact and Result
- Pinpoint and implement tactical countermeasures and savings opportunities to reduce costs immediately (Reactive: <3 months).
- Identify and deploy proven practices to capture and sustain expense reduction throughout the mid-term (Proactive: 3-12months).
- Create a long-term strategy to improve flexibility, make changes more swiftly, and quickly generate cost-cutting opportunities (Strategic: >12 months).
- Use Info-Tech’s 4 R’s Framework (Required, Removed, Rescheduled, and Reduced) and guiding principles to develop your cost-reduction roadmap.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.