RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
This report examines how IT decision makers are using social media services to research potential vendors and products. IT vendors and solution providers can better target their social media strategies by understanding at which stage of the decision-making process these tools are used and what type of information IT purchasers are looking to obtain.
The following topics will be examined:
- Social media marketing vs. traditional online marketing.
- Online information sources, their use and impact.
- Use of online information by:
- IT purchase type
- IT decision-making process
- Information sought
- Benefits and concerns of social media.
- Demographic characteristics of companies and individuals more likely to use social media.